Picture

Picture

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let's Talk About Thursdays

I shall begin with a preface.....Thursdays are NOT a happy day, so this will be more of a work related vent.

Ok, so, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the most idiotic and ridiculous people in the world call places on Thursday! Seriously! I'm not even kidding. I HATE working Thursdays just because of that reason. The day is long because it's Thursday anyway and then the first phone call of the day confirms that my anxiety is going to be heightened and that it's going to be a long doozey of a day. Let me give you some examples:

  • "Can I have free contacts?" No, lame cakes, you can't.
  • "Hi, my name is Mark, I get 6 months of the dailies and you give me next day shipping for free." Ok, Mr. I'm entiteled to whatever I want. I'll give you free shipping because my company will penalize me for going against what your ridiculousness just said to me and you'll be pompous for the rest of your life.
  • Me asking for the customer's email address. "Oh, my email is megsmith...." Ok....is there more to your email? "No that's it." Uh....no, there's more. "No." YES!!!!! "Oh (giggles at herself), it's at gmail.com." Retarded!
  • "How much are my contacts for one box." That will be $18.99 for that one box, sir. "WHAT???? I can't afford that! Do you think I'm made of money!" Uh....I'm sorry....then you shouldn't be buying contacts if you can't pay for them.
  • "I don't want you to verify with my doctor." Sorry, by law, we have to verify (followed by a long explanation of why we have to). "Well, I don't want you to. Why do you have to?" Let me repeat myself....by LAW we have to. Reason enough. Thanks.
  • This is my personal favorite. Biggest pet peeve ever! Super huge influx of these people on Thursday. Can I please have your address? As the customer repeats the address and SPELLS every word out for me. "My address is 2456 Old O-L-D.....Oak O-A-K.....Road." Thank you for helping me with the words I mastered in the kindy-garten spelling bee. If I didn't hate you by now, then I do forever after that.

These are all the winners that I got to talk to today. Don't get me wrong, these happen every day of the week, but Thursdays are the WORST. They're not funny. They're usually ornery people that need their lenses tomorrow, but we can't possibly help them because there isn't enough time to get them out. It's like ordering something online at 11:59 pm and expecting them at 6 am the next day. Not going to happen. One more Thursday left!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I honestly am ROLLING Stace- this is hilarious! I can't stop laughing- oh wow I love this. Thank you I needed that!! HAHAHAHA :)Oh how I love you. You are so funny!

Jenny Showalter said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I seriously LOVE YOU and am going to be so sad when you leave me to deal with these idiots by myself. I was about to cry trying to read them out to my roommate and her friend.

Adam and Rachel said...

Ha ha! I hate working Thursdays too! They seriously are the worst!

Kateka said...

Where I work, I'll ask for people's names and stuff, and it seems like the EASIEST names will be spelled out for me, but when the name is like foreign and unheard of, I am meant to make up the spelling. So I agree with you there! So annoying!