Picture

Picture

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

41 Weeks

Well, here we go.
  • Bags packed- Check
  • Snacks for Brian- Check
  • Movies- Check
  • Terrified- Check
So, I just had my 41 week appointment today and guess what monumental news I have? Just that I have not dilated nor effaced any more in the past three weeks on my own. Wow. Talk about ridiculous. Thank goodness I don't live in my grandmother's days and would have to have this baby in another three weeks. Don't know if I could handle that. We'll be going to the hospital tonight around 9 or 10 to start the whole induction process. They'll do the pill thing, whatever it is, first and then put me on pitocin in the morning if the first doesn't put me into labor.

I was planning on going naturally, but the closer it gets, the more terrified I am and the more I'm opting for an epidural-especially if I have to be on pitocin the whole time. It's going to be a long night. I guess I'm glad that we're starting this evening because I could barely sleep last night, so I probably wouldn't get any sleep tonight anyway.

Not the most exciting, unexpected entrance I would have like for her to come in, but we're excited, and anxious to see what she looks like. Here we go. :)

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

YAYYAYAYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY!!!!!! I too cannot wait to see her! COngrats in advance Stacy and Brian! GOod Luck tonight- I'll be praying for you and thinking of you the whole time. Love you dear heart!

Missy Mauch said...

Oh, man! Good luck! I was induced with my first 2 girls. It brings the contractions on full speed, that way it hurries up the process for your body. I love epidurals, but you do what you need to! I go natural until I just can't handle it anymore!

Kateka said...

Oh this is splendid! I can hardly wait. Good luck!

Janaca said...

Bummer!! Those last doctor appointments are so tough when you're not making progress! Hurray for being induced though. That's exciting! Good luck and I'm sure everything will be fine. Honestly with Jordan I had no clue what I was getting into and imagined the worst and it was much much easier than what I was prepared for...hope the same goes for you!!!

kayla said...

yay!! thats exicitng. Good luck!!

Jenny Showalter said...

no epidural stace, your crazy! but good luck!! I will be waiting for an update soon! I can't wait to see what you and brian make... she sure will be cute! Good luck tonight!

Erin Dougal said...

Yay! Good luck and post pics! She'll be here soon

Nicole said...

Good Luck!! I'm sure it will go better than you think..... honestly, you'll love the whole process, it's amazing!!! You're in our thoughts and prayers!!!