I had a work baby shower last night and it was so much fun! It was thrown for my friend Katie and me by our team and I had a blast. I was really nervous to go because I work from home and don't really know the people on my team. They were SOOOO nice! It made me re-realize that I do like hanging out with people from work. I used to do it all the time when I wasn't working from home and at my other jobs, but haven't done it in so long that I forgot how much fun work friends can be. It was nice to have a party and get to know them better. Not to mention, they gave us so much CUTE stuff and I'm so grateful! They really were way too nice to me as the stranger on their team.
So, here are some of my thoughts as the baby comes soon:
- I can't wait to have a break from working!
- I can't wait to see what she looks like!
- Excited to sleep without cramping in my whole body. I realize that I won't be sleeping more, but when I am sleeping I won't have to wake up to roll over or stretch out my cramps and that will be a positive thing.
- I'm super nervous for labor. I'm sure everything will be fine, but it's still terrifying to me.
- I've already turned into one of those protective people. I told Brian that it will be hard to work around my friend's wedding after the baby is born and he just told me that he would have her all day. I kind of got bothered by the thought of that. It was as if she had to be with me every waking moment or else I wouldn't function properly. Uh oh....I'm turning into those people I never wanted to be.
- Brian is getting really excited too. He used to be nervous about her coming. I still think he's nervous, but he now asks me everyday when she is coming. If I knew, I would tell him. :)
Can't wait for the next two weeks to be over! :) SOOO excited!!!
4 comments:
SO EXCITING!! Those last few weeks are a killer with sleeping huh? It's hard after too cuz you're up all the time with baby, but at least your comfy when you sleep again! I remember Jason and everyone always asking me all the time if the baby was coming...it can get frustrating. Seems like it will never come but she will be here soon!
eek! It will be here before you know it. :) and the awesome thing is.... she can really 'come' at any time now! the suspense of that is so fun... but a killer at the same time! It seems like yesterday we were finding out gender... and now here we are! Labor/delivery will be the best experience of your life. So excited for you!
MEEEEEE TOOOOO!!!! I'm SOOOOO excited!!!! WOOT! I can't wait til she comes- I hope she looks just like you Stace :) (this is a wonderful blogpost btw)
YAYAYAYAY! yup, way too exciting! and don't stress too much (as I am trying to ebb my own doubts) about labor, because we just gotta trust our bodies were made to do this. :) I'm excited not to have trouble controlling my bladder AND the comfortable sleep! ahhh. luv ya girl, you're gonna do great!
Post a Comment