Picture

Picture

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top 10 Things I Love...Today

Let's begin. These are the things that have made me a very happy person today despite it being a CRAZY day where I think I left my brain in bed. Seriously. I bought THREE things that we couldn't use and one I couldn't return. I gave twenty extra bucks to a lady I was buying a bed from (luckily I got that back) and I dropped my wallet all over the floor in Smiths. Next was the car. I put Claire in and then proceeded to get into my driver's seat....it was then that Brian asked me if I was planning on closing Claire's door. Oh sure...I would like her not to fall out. Sheesh! That's what you get for having a crazy Monday with 3 kids under the age of two at your house for a few hours.

Oakey Dokey...

Ett: I LOVE love LOVE KSL. As previously mentioned, I gave a lady $50 instead of $30 for a toddler bed that I picked up. I was glad that I remembered how much was in my buttocks pocket before driving away with that extra Andrew Jackson left behind! I have been looking for a couple weeks and couldn't find anything worth buying. It was either hammered and expensive, ugly and expensive, or falling apart and not worth anything at all. I don't know what it is with Utah people thinking that their crap is worth a ton. Hmph. This one? It's darling and I don't feel cheated. Tomorrow night will be our first attempt at the toddler bed transition.

I also love selling things on KSL and I must say that I've become quite a champ at it lately. It's a glorious thing.

Två: Alex Ubago and Missy Higgins.

Dear Alex, even though I can only understand every other spanish word you say, I'm completely in love with you.

Maybe it's because these two singers take me back to the dating days of Brian and all the funny drama that happened then, but listening to good music calms me down. I sing my lungs out even when I don't speak spanish and when other drivers must think I'm crazy (I've seen 'those' looks before).

Tre: Little boy everythings. My dear friend threw me a baby shower on Saturday and we had so much fun. I've had a blast washing and folding all of the little baby blues and greens and I'm getting so excited. Thank you, Kayli!!! He's going to look quite fetching in all of the animal onsies he's collecting already.

Fyra: There is something called sanity. There can be many names to this one. Some days it's Chocolate; some days it's popcorn; some days it's a trip to the gym or a walk around the park to get rid of said chocolate/popcorn. Lately, for me, it's been that sweet man named Brian. I realized that I don't blog about him much, so here I am to tell you that he's wonderful. Even though I don't feel quite like myself these days and I struggle finding little rays of sunshine on a delightful day...he comes home and makes me that much better. A little snuggle on the couch and some much needed chatting and I'm good as gold. Too bad he can't stay home all day.

Fem: IT'S THE LAST DAY OF JANUARY! I don't know about you, but January is L.O.N.G. I'm excited for the short month of February and things to look forward to. Valentine's Day (even though it's possibly the lamest holiday ever), one month closer to March, and....did I mention that it's one month closer to March? Yes.

Sex (uh...it's not what you're thinking. It's the #6 in Swedish): The alarm clock is now on my side of the bed. YEAH! Seems weird, but I have been planning on moving it from Brian's side to my side for months! I am the first one up and I need it. He never looks at it. I'm in love with it's clear, bright red letters that I can see without glasses.

Sju: Bed time. Mine and Claire's. It's lovely. It's right up in that alley with shaving my legs and showering...only a little bit better.





Tio: Ice Cream. 'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

haha it took me to number four to figure out you were counting in swedish :) I was like, what is that funny word at the beginning? This is an excellent post! I have been loving missy higgins lately and reminiscing about our condo row days. also, sanity for me lately = mexican food haha. I can't get enough of it!
AND I AM SO GLAD JANUARY IS OVER!!!! I wish February were over already too. I feel like as soon as we get to march, i won't be so anxious for time to go by faster. I can't wait for good weather to return to my life :)
xoxo
Lindsey

Nicole said...

Oh, man..... your list looks pretty much like my top 10 lately, too!!!! :) hahaha. Good luck with these next few weeks!! You're doing great.

Kateka said...

Mmmmmm. Agreed to icecream!