Here's my question. I really would like to attempt going to the gym after this little guy is born and get more in shape. I am wondering what you prefer. 24 Hour Fitness or Gold's? There is a Gold's SOOO close to my house and it's only $10 a month right now, so I'm very tempted to just do that. What I really need is a really skinny personal trainer or something to keep me jealous enough to keep running, but that's not going to happen. Then I'd become bitter and cynical from comparison anyway so I'll just keep that darling picture from my Grandma in my head afterward.
The plus? I think having your bottom BEHIND you is a blessing. Glad I don't have to really look at it everyday. :)
7 comments:
haha...... oh, man. My grandma used to say "I'm an oldie, but a goodie" and I would always tell myself that when they would say something.... offensive to me. I think you look adorable, though. As for the gym, I loved Golds. As long as you go to workout and not care that a lot of other people seem to be 'showing off' their perfectly sculpted body. I just ignored anyone and everyone else and did my thing so it never bugged me. The only thing about the Provo Golds right now with that monthly deal/no contract thing I've heard is you can ONLY go to that one, and b/c it's right by BYU (and such an amazing deal) it's always packed. I haven't been, but my SIL goes and said you have to wait and race for equipment b/c it's so busy. Maybe it's really not that bad, though. I'd say give it a try!
hahaha I laughed so hard at this post, classic Stace! haha I definitely recommend Gold'. I've never done it, but Orlando did for a year and he LOVED it (the one by you!) when he remembered to go :)
good luck! I'm nervous about this as well... what if i'm fat for the rest of my life??? sigh. the joys of postpartumhood :) xoxo!
I really like 24. The one in Provo offers great classes and even when it's really busy you can still find machines and weights to use. The downside is that it's farther away from you and isn't offering the kind of deal that Gold's is.
Oh my! Your grandma sounds funny! Ha ha I just got a membership to Gold's. It is a Golds express so it is only $10 a month- is that what yours is too? Anyways, I really like it. There are downsides- no daycare and only a few classes. Also, I can only go to that location. One thing that has been really good for me is signing up to do a race with a bunch of cousins who had babies in the last year. We created a group on FB and post our workouts there daily. It has been a great motivation for me to at least do something. Good luck!
Wow Stacy! I can't believe she did that! I guess they get really blunt sometimes, huh? Four days after I had Ellie, my grandma patted my belly and asked me if I had another one in there. And btw, I think you look cute! :)
Jessica Christiansen
I say go with what's convenient, close, and cheap. I wish I had a milion dollars to make my own gym and then we could just workout together! I have a gold's membership and I am sick of it - most everyone there seems trashy (I go to the one in West Jordan).
I like golds... if you get the bigger membership to the one off of Univ Parkway by Kohls it has a daycare where you can take the kids while you work out. Plus they have fun classes you can take with me :)
Post a Comment