Don't you love it when someone blogs about how this is their journal? I know, we ALL do it....but I'll admit...I turn my brain off right as that 'journal' word enters my head. So, this is NOT my journal. Just sayin'.
We went to the TRAIN EXPO. We were possibly the youngest couple there. I'm kidding. There was a nice mix of old hobbyist train expert men and little kids. We fit right in there. :) Claire didn't love it as much as Brian wanted her to, but it was cool, fun to get out, and something we've never done.
Yes, those are legos. Legos are always cool.

Thank goodness Claire is cute. Just look at her. Nice conductor hat!
It was fun, but little did I know that it would be the start of no-nap taking. I have made it through a whole week here people! Now someone needs to come tell Claire the importance of heavenly naps. I'll pay you in ice cream if she listens and obeys. Having her up ALL THE TIME has made me realize that I'm one of those non-creative moms. After reading blogs about all these fun things children are doing on account of their creative mothers, this was the best I could come up with....
Yes, the swimming pool slide in our living room. She loves it, but I still think I'm pretty lame sauce.I thought I had a picture of Claire waddling around in her snowsuit from the other day, but I don't. Just imagine it I guess. That was going to be my 32 week picture. Fluffy. Waddling. The look of misery as she trudges through the snow. I thought it fit quite well.
I had my appointment today and sat there F.O.R.E.V.E.R. Good think my actual exam took like 5 minutes. Ugh. Thank you lobby for not showing a movie today. Oh well, moving on. The little lad is head down and wiggly. Everything looks great and sounds great. We love normal, great news. Weird thing is....now my appointments are every 2 weeks. Crazy how time can fly and go so slow at the same time. I'll never understand that.
As for feelings wise. I have diagnosed myself with pregnancy bipolar crazy lady that doesn't leave her house disorder. Ok...that's not true. I do go outside. Seriously though...I'm going a little crazy. I'd like to think that most of it is the winter and the snow. Even though we're trudging through snow (even if it's just a little bit), Claire and I still go to the park once a week and freeze our little patooties off. It's very much needed. We both have a good break.
I'm also feeling the little monkey swing from organ to organ. I'll be honest...even though I don't feel like I've portrayed my pregnancy as positively as I should have, it's been wonderful. I've missed feeling my stomach get beat up by an amateur boxer and my 'accidents' happen not because I've laughed too hard, but because someone decided to jump on it. I really do love this part of being pregnant. I even ate a bunch of cookies yesterday just to get the acrobatics going. I'm not following every fruit size that he measures up to like I did Claire, but I'll look at the little socks I've gotten and just can't wait to see his tiny little feet (even if those socks never stay on). I'm excited to name him. I'm overwhelmed a little at not being prepared enough...but I'm sure I'll get there. He'll still be a wonderful little bundle of joy if he's dressed in pink at 9 months because mommy forgot to buy him clothes past newborn. Can't wait! The last stretch is always the longest especially when it's chilly outside. I think we'll move to Florida. Yes...that is what I need for this problem and many other reasons as well. (Tangent: I really can't wait to leave Provo. I'll be excited to be away from all things Provo.)
Now, as for winter....I need some advice. This whole staying in with no call-me-last-minute-and-come-hang-out-for-sanity's-sake best friends nearby is wearing me a little thin. I think I'm facing my spiritual slump by reading the Miracle of Forgivness (and loving it) alright, but still have miles to go. My bestest friends live too far away, in my opinion, and poor Claire is getting bored because I'm bored. My poor mother is probably thinking, "Stacy again? I talked to her 3 times today."
Even if you have a homemade recipe for finger paints or something I would be forever grateful.
WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE WINTER????? Free is always best 'round these parts.
10 comments:
You could always do another Princess Week. Maybe decorate Valentine's Day cookies with her? There are a lot of ideas on Pinterest that I've seen floating around. Good luck!
Building forts with couch cushions and blankets is always popular at my house. You could make salt dough play-doh, have a dance party. I've also seen a few 101 lists of things to do with your toddler, like below.
http://counting-on-me.blogspot.com/2011/05/101-things-to-do-with-your-toddler.html
I DO LIVE WAY TOO FAR AWAY!!!!!! This sucks. I also, could use a best friend's couch to lay on when I don't want to move but I want to do something fun at the same time. I would just lay on your couch and make faces at Claire and talk to you and feel like we had the best party in the world. sigh. Wanna get out of Provo and move to Cleveland? It's not that bad. Except there's zero edible mexican food out here so Claire might starve... anyways! All I can say is that I too am going nuts and I miss you MUCHO! can't wait til march!
xoxo
Linds
p.s. I will have you a pinterest account by the end of today, mark my words.
You could fill a spray bottle or squirt bottle with food coloring and water and she could "paint" the snow outside.
Let her draw on a warm plate with crayons (they melt on the warm plate which sounds like it could be super fun)and then the plate can be washed and the crayon is supposed to come off.
Put a bin full of beads or beans or something else that's small on one side of a room, put an empty bin or bowl on the other side of the room. Give her a ladle and let her move the small stuff from one bin to the other.
Empty egg cartons can be used for lots of things!
Claire could give her toy animals a bath in the bathroom sink.
Hope that helps. I babysit for a friend and so I have been looking for ideas to entertain Abby and now also the little boythat I'm watching. I seem to run out ideas often, like every day! Good luck!
Home made finger paints!!
http://easiepeasie.blogspot.com/2010/07/homemade-finger-paints.html
Hey, I've been wanting to invite you all over for dinner and games but I don't have your email address or phone number...
mkhanks@gmail.com
I know - you can come visit me!!! Chris just told me again that we need to hang out with you. Enough talk! When are we getting together?!
I have a bag of "tricks" that I try to keep full and rotate new things in. It's for when I can't think of cool things to do. But seriously- Pinterest could be your new best friend if you are serious about getting a billion playtime ideas. My bag includes: playdoh, shape matching puzzles, flash cards (Penny loves them!), coloring stuff, watercolors, beans and cups etc. I let her choose one at a time and she is always really excited when I get the bag out. Although, I will say that I thought 18 months was a little harder to entertain than 2 is. I was lucky and it was still warm outside. But she seems to be a little smartie so maybe she'd enjoy some of the same things. Oh, and books. Lots and lots of books. And the library. Hello storytime!!!
Stacy, you are so gorgeous! Hmmmm... being a total psycho, I either eat all winter long, or make lists of things I want to accomplish (but never actually do). Love watching a good tv series (in like 3 days - do you watch FACEOFF? It's on hulu, and I really like it). I am so dang lazy. I have the worst suggestions ever. Let me think of something worthwhile...
Rearrange furniture? That's free, and wastes tons of time! Hahaha. Good luck. :)
Post a Comment