Picture

Picture

Monday, January 2, 2012

Spoiled

I just have to reiterate how spoiled I feel right now. After using my Kindle I want to read every minute Claire is sleeping. I started Sherlock Holmes and can't get enough of it already. I want to buy every book that is already on my shelf, get rid of them bulky books and clean house! I want to get all the books that I've always thought about reading and the books that I've already read! If you have any good book suggestions, PLEASE send them my way because I will be reading up a storm over here!!!

I also just got back from Claire and my first bike ride together. She was getting impatient and mad at me while I was attaching the bike trailer to my bike. She screamed while I was putting her helmet on and continued to make a 2 year old scene as I buckled her in. As soon as I started to pedal, her screaming turned into "Oh's" and she loved it! When I got back to the house she said, "more" and so we did. We went through another neighborhood until Claire started falling asleep. Her head was bobbing into the mesh wall bobbing all around. She was so happy though.

I feel completely spoiled rotten and do I know that I have been. I love reading and feeling satisfied with a good book. I also love that riding my bike is helping with my DREADFUL charlie horses with this second pregnancy. I love that my mom is converted to fun make-up (and yes, we DID have fun). We also had SO MUCH FUN playing games with my family this Christmas that it's all Brian has been talking about. Thanks to my brothers who were wonderful participants in our board game hobby. It was a blast! Even though I'm excited to clean up World War III that has happened in my house (nesting is in full swing), the holidays really do go by too quickly.

Sigh. It's been a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Marie said...

So what is your definition of "fun" makeup? You seem to know what you're talking about and I am a total novice when it comes to that sort of thing. I'd love for you to do a blog post of good reads sometime because hopefully I'm not too far behind with a Kindle! You can also e-mail me if you don't want to post about it :)

Jason said...

I already miss you guys. I had so much fun spending time with you, Brian, and Claire the past two weeks. I'm excited to see you again in June with my new favorite nephew!

Lindsey said...

sounds like a fabulous way to start the new year!!!

xo
Lindsey

Jenny Showalter said...

Ah that is so fun! I got a new book for Christmas too... just a hard cover though.
Your bike ride sounds wonderful! I wish I had a bike to go riding around. Enjoy it! Let's get together!