Picture

Picture

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

Well, here is my picture-less Christmas update for now. We're having major problems with our iPhoto, iMovie, and iDvd, so I'm not going to be uploading anything until I solve the problem. Most frustrating thing ever.

We had a delightful Christmas! It was so nice to get out of Provo again and have Claire's attention divided between more people. We went to my family's for Christmas this year, but couldn't leave until after my stitches came out on Christmas Eve morning. Everything with the finger looks good, but it will be numb-ish for another few months they said. It's healing up nicely. After that was all over, we finished loading our Christmas loot in the car and headed up. Christmas Eve was pretty uneventful other than making food and baking sweets that can now be seen on my hips.

Our family tradition is to watch a movie together on Christmas Eve and my pops got 17 Miracles for the event so that our movie watching would be more Christ-centered. I had heard nothing but really good things about this movie and although Brian and I thought it was more well done than most of the other LDS films, I thought it was incredibly depressing and cheesy at parts. I think my family liked it a lot more than I did. Claire didn't quite make it to open a Christmas Eve present, but the rest of us had fun.

Christmas morning was a blast. Claire had so many toys and she had to open the package of every single one, so it took quite a while to get through all of them. Every baby had to be unwrapped, then taken out of the package and placed in the cradle we gave her. Just like I thought, the first thing she went to was her new Lightning McQueen pedal and push. She loves riding everyone else's, so we got her one and it's still her favorite. We eventually had to hide it again so she'd get on with her gift opening.

Brian loves his new grill and I have to admit that I am loving it too. Can I really pass up the opportunity of NOT cooking and eating his delicious meals? No. I cannot. I love not cooking. It's SO much better than the piece 'o junk we grilled on before. We've made quite the meals the last few days. We got some camping stuff, he got video game things, clothes, and then he spent literally the entire weekend flying his remote control helicopter that all the boys got. They have all gotten pretty good at flying them, so hopefully the body stays in one piece from now on. :)

Brian has been telling everyone for the last while that my big hobby is reading. Although I love to read, I didn't think it was my biggest hobby since I don't really have a lot of time to read. Now I know why he said that. He got me a kindle touch. Would have never guessed that one! I haven't had a ton of time to read on it yet, but it is small and I can take it anywhere! I love it! My parents also got me a new bike and a bike trailer for our little ones! After riding my old bike and then the new one....man....I'm surprised I didn't die on the old one. What a piece! My mom and I went on a bike ride and it was just so easy to ride and nice to get out. I'm excited to use the bike trailer when Claire is feeling a little better. I'm also excited to not have my belly in the way when I'm riding. It's funny to exhale every time my knees come up. I got some gorgeous new makeup from my in-laws and my brother and have had so much fun using it.

The rest of the time we hung out and played games, which was the most fun. Trevor got us Puerto Rico (A BLAST) which I still haven't won and I've played it more than everyone else except Brian. Trevor kept almost winning and Jason got more and more tired with each turn, so we'd all just laugh at him. He gets a little tipsy when he's tired.

Now we're getting ready for the new year. Claire started running a fever today, so we're hoping she starts to feel better soon before we go back up to my mom and dad's. I'm officially sick of eating pie and ready to start on a fruit eating kick for a while. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too. Sorry this is more like a journal entry and not that much fun to read/look at. I'll post pictures when the iLife problem is resolved. Hopefully soon!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a most LOVELY christmas!!!! I'm glad CLaire loved her presents- and you and Brian too! How fun! I would love a kindle, they're beautiful. Enjoy yours! Hope you have a fun weekend. We are driving to Cincinnatti to meet up with Brian and Michele for two days and then we'll head home... I'll call you on the drive home! love you honey!

xo
Lindsey

p.s. I FELT THE BABY MOVE TODAY!!!!!! AHH!!!! Best teeny feeling ever :)

Lindsey said...

p.p.s hope Claire feels better quick! And I can't wait to see pictures! xoxoxox