Picture

Picture

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Big Sigh....

We are back from vacation. I need to go back on vacation. It was wonderful! We had a wonderful time. I will be posting pictures and video soon (hopefully), but right now I'm just dropping in to say that I am working like mad to get Christmas presents done, so I will be on hiatus until they're finished. I knocked out two today, so hopefully I'll be on a roll!

A short little update is in session, I guess. Things are really great at our house! Claire is still trying to adjust to normal life again. Grandma and Grandpa Anderson let her get away with EVERYTHING out in Ohio, so it's quite an adjustment for her to not get her way all the time. It's been extremely difficult for me to get anything done this week so far because she wants to be held and played with ALL the time. Try getting my hair done? No, she is there to whine and hug my legs until her shrill crying gets to my nerves. Today I was ingenious! No, really! I had her play with toys on a blanket right by me and my hair actually got done. Wahoo! If she wasn't such a doll.... She has also learned to say "up, please" although it sounds more like "hup peassss". She puckers her lips so fat and will kiss us over and over and over. It basically melts my heart and I'm so glad she's such a lovey little girl! She is really into "bebies" right now. We can't go anywhere without touching them.

Brian is back to work, which hasn't been as stressful as we both anticipated with all of his deadlines and all. I am back to slaving away with primary stuff. I love primary, but boy there is a lot to do. Sigh. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will be having another little person in our house to love on. I haven't quite gotten used to it. I think part of it is that I can't understand how I could possibly love another little kid more than I love Claire. I think that's normal. The other part is that it's a little boy and A) the name thing is still killing me. We've decided on one, but I still can't accept it yet. B) I have to get used to the idea that it's a boy...not a girl. Things are so funny.

In short, we're doing well. :) Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

welcome back! it's good to have you back to posting. i'm so excited to find out what all your christmas projects are! haha i love you, you're such a good mama, with all your fretting :) xoxo!