Picture

Picture

Friday, November 11, 2011

Refiner's Fire

It is 12:30 and guess what I have spent the last not only 2 hours, but countless days before, doing? Going through the massive baby name book. Yes, I read every single boy name in the blasted book (minus the A section) and guess what? It didn't help me one single bit. We still liked our favorite two. We could have easily gone through the top 100 boy names of the last few years and found both (which I did). I just had to know. I had to read every. single. name.

Here is my conclusion:

Boys just aren't as fun to name. Sorry son. I had no giggly emotions of excitement come over me as we have been deciding. Anxiety is the emotion that I most correlate with choosing boy names. They're not frilly or pretty (thank goodness), but with that also comes a certain plainness that I just can't feel too excited about. Since Hubster nixed my favorite name long ago (Jackson) it has been a battle ever since.

Now, dear friends, I will give you our top five and you let me know what you think about them. I will reveal our decision afterwards....after I have thought long and hard about it for a few days, trying to get giddy about it. Once we decide it probably will not change once he's here, but I guess you never know.

Here they are (in no particular order):

1. Joshua
2.Gabriel
3. Nick
4. Jared
5. Zachary

Oh wait! I can't forget LeRoy. That's what we've been calling him in the meantime since it's so.....beautiful? Gorgeous? Lovely? It's basically the ugliest one that we could laugh at temporarily. If your name is LeRoy, then just take those question marks away from "beautiful", "lovely", and "gorgeous" and replace them with exclamation points. :)

6. LeRoy

Let me know! :)


7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Can't believe you're awake this late!!! I would be read on the floor at this hour :) I like Joshua and Jared, they're handsome! Nick is a new one, and I would like it except there was this kid in high school...anyways, I won't spoil it for you :) Gabe is a good one too- cant wait to hear what you pick!!!

Meredith said...

I agree with you on boy names... just not as fun! I don't have ANY boy names that I am in love with.. However, I have a whole list of girl names I'd love to use!

Of those 5, my faves are Zachary and Gabriel.

Kateka said...

Hahaha! I like the 5 names you have listed. I guess middle and last name really play a part, and in that case... my vote is Gabriel (and I am assuming you'd call him Gabe? I really like Gabe). I have had a few friends announce the names on their blog, and then when it comes time to name their kid, they don't name the kid anything they listed. So now I am all curious if any of these names will really pan out. Time will tell!

Bobbi Hinton said...

Ugh, boy names are hard. Lance and I had the hardest time coming up with a name we could both tolerate. He hated all the ones I loved and I hated all the ones he loved. Out of those 5, I really like Nick and Jared. Sorry, but not a big fan of Joshua, just seems very common and knew a few too many growing up. Love Nick though.

Tyler Nicholson said...

We have soooo many girl names ready to go . . . . all we need is a little girl! :) I agree that boy names are so tough and my hubs has so many "rules" when it come to boys names. I have always loved the name Nick! If our last name wasn't Nicholson, one of our boys would probably have it. I really like your list. My favs are Nick and Jared. Your last name goes well with each of them too. Good Luck :)

The Nicholsons said...

^^^^^^^^ Opps. . . logged in under my husband. That was from Lyndsay :)

Kjersti said...

Well, I have no kids, and there are definitely none on the way and so really I should have no say, but I like Zachary the best out of those 5. :)