Here is a report of what I've been up to lately. My mom told me that I'm definitely a stay at home mom because I feel the need to rearrange the furniture and/or redo a piece of furniture. We have this little bookshelf in Claire's room that just got uglier by the day. I forgot to take a "before" picture of it (darn!), so there it is the Christmas we got it. It's the little black ugly bookshelf in the corner. Pretty blah.

Even though it took me 3 weekends to do because of crappy weather, I am really happy how it turned out. I've never spray painted anything before and I'm certainly no pro, but it was kinda fun. I just mod podged the birdy paper on for some kind of cuteness and I really like it.
Next, laundry days are probably the days Claire dislikes the most. So, instead of having her cry while I fold forever, I created the laundry car. I drive her around in it, she gets to sit in it while I put clothes in with her and she loves it.
Lastly, I ran a race. It was just a little 5k, but it felt good to do it. I've always been a little hesitant to run a race because Brian's family are runners and I was embarrassed of the time I would get, but I finally buckled down and did it. My time was indeed terrible at 33 minutes, but hey, I did it and I ran the entire thing....which gives you an idea of how slow I was running. :) My amazing friend, Kristie, ran a 10k in 41 minutes. CRAZY!! To think, she did double the distance I did in just 8 minutes longer. Haha. I'm gonna have to start running more. I definitely want to do another one in the next couple months, but I will have at least two other people sign up with me. My friend who was going to do it got sick and couldn't go. Let's just say the before and after race was insanely boring and anti-climactic by sitting all by myself.
5 comments:
I LOVE IT! Turned out way cute! Congrats on the 5k too, I'm very proud :) SHould have known Kara didn't run- she didn't return my text when I asked her how it went... :) haha xoxox
congrats on your run! exciting! your bookshelf turned out way cute, too :)
Shoot, Stac! I was alone, too! I knew the chances were poor that I'd find you in the crowds of people, but I was watching for you and Kara just in case. But the good news: we both made it running solo! :) RexLee 2011: success!
I want to run a race with me after I have this baby! I am warning you though...I probably am the world's only holder of the 30 minute mile...so yeah. I won't be great at it.
The book case is so cute! You are a TOTAL pro. Good job on the race. I ran 3 miles with a friend the other day and we did it like 39 minutes. I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack so honestly, 33 minutes to me seems super fast!
Post a Comment