So, have you ever had those days where you say something completely stupid and it wasn't what you meant? Totally had that moment today. I knew it was rude the minute I escaped my lips, but because of other interruptions I couldn't even recover and restate what I actually meant. My friend always told me that semantics are incredibly important and I've been working on saying what I actually mean for years. Still hasn't happened apparently. I say what's in my head, but for some reason, they are not the words that need to come out. Frustrating.
Anyway, I feel terrible and probably need to bake some cookies and send some notes out to 100+ people that I've conveyed the wrong emotions to.
3 comments:
Sounds like a story... what happened??
Don't kick yourself too hard, people usually realize that's not what you meant. xoxo
Hey, we are twins. This happened to me recently too (but honestly, it happens all the time to me). I was hoping you were going to share the dirty details!
OK. I was there. You are perfect. Don't worry!!! I, and everyone else, knew exactly what you meant! Although...if you feel like baking we do have like a four hour meeting scheduled for Wednesday...wink.
Post a Comment