I've decided to do an adventure book of Claire and me while Brian is finishing up the semester and way too busy for his own good. He is rarely home and he has to give all of his time to school. Not like we haven't done this before though. Welcome to grad school. So, instead of being at home moping around with nothing to do, I came up with adventure book.
This week is Princess week. We'll do a different princess each day, take pictures of our fun times and then we're making a picture book of it at the end. I've decided to do a few weeks since there are a few left in the semester. We may even love it so much that we will do more. Who knows. Plus, I feel like I get into a non-creative rut with being a mom sometimes, so this keeps things fun and exciting. It also helps us get out of the house once in a while.
Today, to kick start the week, was Snow White day. I used to think this movie was boring, but as I've watched clips throughout the day, I do think it's rather cute. So what do you think of when Snow White is said? I thought of cleaning, working, washing, kissing, dwarfs, sleeping, apple. I thought this was appropriate to clean since my house was a WRECK and it smelled kinda funny. So, we cleaned this morning and did laundry all day. Now my house is a mess again, but at least it was clean at one time. Sigh. Thus is the life of a mother.
Every princess looks frightful when they wake up, right? Well, these two do! Getting ready for cleaning!
I think Snow White has a Huggies car in the 2011 version. It kept her occupied while I was folding laundry.

We had our very own Snow White apple. Non-poisonous of course. :) She loved chewing on the stem. We gave her a small piece and she just looked at us funny.
Of course no princess fairytale would be complete without her Prince Charming. I think we have a pretty good one at that. (Maybe she knew that kiss was meant for me.) I can handle princess week with a Prince Charming kiss at the end of each day!
Brian got me flowers last Thursday, just because. I love him. He does a good job at making me feel like a princess!
To finish off the day, we watched The Washing Song and then Claire had a bath and then fell asleep (yay!). I will have prince charming wake her up with a kiss in the morning. For now she needs her princess rest.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring! Unfortunately I realized that almost every princess cleans, so that will probably be done on a daily basis. Looking forward to tomorrow!

4 comments:
Very fun! I'll bet she'll enjoy it even more when she knows the princesses and you can add a little dress up :)
Goodness gracious! You are so creative. I love it. I think you look so gorgeous (and so young!) in the picture of you holding Claire while she is chewing on the apple.
You ARE gorgeous Stace! ANd I'm so happy Brain spoils you with flowers, just because. Cause you are amazing! And he is so dear, it made me so happy when I read about you and him- remember like when you were engaged? you two still make me SO HAPPY! I hope Orlando and I are still this in love after the kiddos arrive :) love you ALL! xoxo
Lindsey
What a cute idea!! Glad you're keeping yourself busy. Claire will love this adventure you two are doing!!!
Post a Comment