Picture

Picture

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 3: Sleeping Beauty


To preface, I'll say that I did not give my favorite disney movie justice today. It is, by far, the best princess movie of all time and I was lame sauce. I had to go to the Primary Auxiliary Meeting today in Salt Lake, so I dubbed it Sleeping Beauty day since we were going to the "castle". My castle. :) The conference was good and Claire found her prince charming. A darling little 9 mo. old boy that she kept clobbering while he let her mow him over. She's just so feisty!



I had seen this on the news, but it is sooo much cooler in real life! Look at all of those princess rooms. :)


Of course we princesses have lots of gold. We even have a gold man sounding the trumpet for us. Well, we'd like to think it was for us. Today it was anyway.


Here is us in front of our Sleeping Beauty castle.

What else do you do for sleeping beauty? Make a cake of course....or cupcakes since they're better! (Yes, that pink flower is Claire's, but it did a great job holding my bangs back!)


Poor Claire is coming down with a cold. She is sooo tired here and her nose is so runny. The poor dear.


What do you think of our cake? "Of course it will be stiffer once it's baked."


Here is our princess cake! YUM!

The little princess went to bed early. I guess she really did know that it is Sleeping Beauty day and that she needs lots of sleep! Hopefully she'll feel better in the morning! Sleep tight my little beauty!

Oh, and something that was so cute. While we were at Wal-Mart, there was a girl with two kids who stopped me to comment on how beautiful Claire is. Her little boy is 3 and Claire thought he was hilarious. She was laughing up a storm at him just smiling at her. She loves loves loves little kids...so much so that she has to plow them over whenever she can!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney princess, too :) Cute cute ideas! And poor Claire.... :( hope she gets feeling better soon!

Marie said...

Those cupcakes look great! I seriously sat down and wrote out what I would do for each of the princesses so I can store the ideas away for future use.

Lindsey said...

oh those look so yummy! poor Claire she does look tired- so it was the perfect Sleeping Beauty day after all :) And i love that you call the SLC Temple YOUR castle, made me smile remembering that day, standing outside waiting for you to come out all married and lovely! Sorry I didin't call last night- time ran away from me way too fast. Maybe tomight... Love you lots!

xoxo