Picture

Picture

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Squish Update! WALKING!!

She's walking! HOORAY! I love this stage! She can go outside without wearing out her knees. I'm also hoping that eating leaves is less appealing since she won't be on the ground all the time. Our kids have walked all around the same time. Jared was our latest walker at 10.5 months old and Claire was a 9 month walker. Hailey is right in the middle at 9 months 3 weeks. Seriously though, I can't believe that she's this old and this big. Cue tears.



Now, Because these are too adorable not to post, here are her bath time pictures. I think bath time is her most favorite time of day. She's always disappointed I don't let her stay in longer. I should....but there are two other hooligans to wrestle to bed. One day...







Now I just want to talk about this girl. She has two teeth. Finally. I kinda felt like it took forever to get them, but since I'm still nursing, I'm very grateful she got them now and not sooner. Sometimes motherhood is terribly painful with teeth. I guess that's why weening gets easier as development (aka TEETH) happens. 

She is such a happy little girl. She really does love to be held still and is annoyingly spoiled in this area. I just can't help it. She's either too adorable not to hold, or I just want quiet....and holding her ceases the screaming. She's learned to get what she wants by practicing the saddest cry in the entire world equipped with an adorable cry face. Look at me....I'm mush. 

She does not like to sleep anymore. You know how some people's kids take naps until they're 21? Well, she's already protesting and she's not even one yet! She fights it and fights it. She closes her eyes, I celebrate, and then something clicks and she jumps back to reality, sits up and keeps her eyes peeled for anything that will keep her up. This is especially frustrating at bedtime because....remember that she's equipped with that adorable cry face? Screaming it out has been our only option with this one. She usually falls asleep in less than 5 minutes though, so I do the dishes to distract from adorable/sad cry. 

She has the most beautiful hazel eyes the world has ever seen. Sorry to be so biased and truthful, but they really are the best. Each of our children has a different eye color. She's our brown eyed, auburn hair. It melts me. 

She loves food! More specifically she loves bread, applesauce, and ice cream. If these things are being consumed by anyone other than herself, she will literally scream at you. Not cry. It's like a yelp mixed with a manly grunt, mixed with a scream. She's perfectly content when she gets her treat and then goes back to her masculine screaming when it's finished and she wants more. Especially the ice cream. It's pathetic that I normally sneak my ice cream consumption from a 9 1/2 year old. It's true though. I disguise it in different cups/bowls/spoons....and she always knows. It's like she has an ice cream sixth sense. She must be my child. 

Her favorite chore is to destroy. Mostly she loves to take the dishes OUT of the dishwasher as I am trying to put them IN. A little bit of an irritating hobby if you ask me. I don't like to do the dishes even once, so twice is a little unacceptable. Other than that, I clean so she will be entertained by the possibilities of destruction. She's a slower destroyer than Jared was, thank goodness, but she loves it just as much. 

Her laugh is contagious and adorable. I crave it. Just see.....




No comments: