Picture

Picture

Friday, June 20, 2014

6 years

It was my year to plan our six year anniversary. Originally I wanted to go to San Antonio or Galveston for the weekend, but it would have cost too much for just one day of fun. My next plan was to get a hotel in Dallas and have a staycation. All these plans included our kids as well. Unfortunately, we're still living like students and I couldn't find a good enough deal to make it worth it. I also think that I wanted to get out of that apartment so desperately, that I thought a hotel sounded like a dream vacation. Luckily, we moved the week before our anniversary and I had about 2 days to come up with something. It turned out to be super fun. 

First, I made Brian 7 envelopes (one for each married year and one for dating). I wrote down the highlights of each year we were married and maybe had a little gift to go along. For example, for 2007, the year we dated, I told him how glad I was that he basically forced me to try new foods when we were dating. I told a story or two and then I took him to lunch at the best darn Taco place the state of Texas ever did see. 

In 2010, Brian and I went to the Nickelcade a few times and had a BLAST. Seriously, I don't like video games very much, but the nickelcade is fun fun fun! I finally found an arcade place and luckily it was joined to Johnny Rockets and their high calorie ice cream shakes of Heaven. I thought food and games was perfect. Well...... Jared SCREAMED and spent all of dinner time under the table making a huge scene while Brian and I sipped and enjoyed every particle of our delicious ice cream shake. Hailey had a massive blow-out, Jared was a sight to behold, and Claire was as perfect as could be. I laughed to myself of why I thought taking the chillin's along was a good idea. 
Truth is, celebrating 6 years with my family was actually fun. I feel like my family makes these 6 years worth every second, so why not have fun with all of them. They are why we do what we do everyday. Once Jared got his hands on this.....


he was just fine. Claire had fun joining in too.



The kids got what, 7 whole points in bowling. BUT...it had a ball....what could be better?



SKEEBALL!!!!! I LOVE SKEEBALL!!!!! I did horrible actually, but gosh, it was fun! It was a great time waster for the kids while Brian and I played. The kids couldn't get it up the ramp, so 9 balls took a long time. After this, we wandered around playing everything that had a one button push. Jared scored our highest points on a ball drop, way to go Jared! Brian and I spent way too many dollars trying to get a Jackpot and coming within 1 light of it every time. Haha.


Hailey was my baby bjorn date. 

There you have it. You have permission to think we're lame for taking our kids on our anniversary date. For all I can see, when you have a nursing child you don't bottle feed, what's the difference between taking 1 or all 3 kids. 

And sorry the pictures are blurry. I have the worst camera phone in the world AND it was dark. Double whammy.



2 comments:

Marie said...

Fun idea with the envelopes! I may have to do something like that this year.

Lindsey said...

You're a great anniversary planner, and I think it's sweet that you took the kiddos. Family is what it's all about!
xoxo