Picture

Picture

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Photography: Week 1

It's that time again where I bombard your life with practice pictures! I started taking my second class through Nicole's Classes last week, which has proved much more difficult with child number three already here. I have a hard time getting pictures because she wants to be held all the time; however, it is very nice to have a model that doesn't run around all the time. I tried to get Claire to be my model for my first assignment, but I just got some nice pictures of scowls and LOTS of sighs until her wiggly 3 year old body couldn't handle a moment more. I love the class as usual and am learning a LOT. Who knew that my camera could do so many things?! It baffles me to think that I have barely scratched the surface of that little thing that fits in my hands.

Our first assignment was lighting ratios. Hailey was the perfect model. This first picture is just because it was so dang cute!


Ratio exercise. It starts out light and ends up with one side of the face in darkness. 



These last three are a little underexposed....sorry. I was concentrating so hard on my light/dark sides of the face that I didn't really account for my exposure. Next time.





Our other assignment was to take a picture of a collection....of something. I have access to children, so I guess that's my explanation for not having something cool like THIS

Jared's favorite things

Claire as the aspiring Van Gogh 





1 comment:

Annie said...

Oo! I love that painting one! Very aesthetically pleasing and it makes me want to pull out the watercolors and get creative. Do a big print, frame it, and hang it in a playroom--it's perfect! And for the record, what kind of paint is that? It looks more fun and substantial than your regular watercolors. Are those just bottles of finger paint?

And I'd be remiss in this comment if I didn't mention Hailey. Oh my word... What a beautiful baby girl. She's perfect, Stacy!