I, for one, cannot stand an unfinished project. Lately I've realized that it's not only because I love to complete things or else they'll go unfinished forever, but I don't have the space to have my creativity leaking out of the nooks and crannies of my walls. Someday I'll have my projects confined to one room instead of the whole house. Until then, I will have a disaster zone periodically until the wave has passed.
My mom got these adorable decals for my baby shower and I am just now getting around to them. They were daunting. I wanted a jungle theme for the kids' room because Claire LOVES animals and it's a good gender neutral theme. However, have you seen how pricey these things can be? My dream one was around $150....for vinyl!!! That, folks, is ridiculous! So, we found these cute ones at Joann's, but I had to color them myself. I'll give myself a pat on the back because they have been a TON of work. It took me at least two hours to paint each animal. That's right...I painted them. Ok, ok, I 'colored' in the lines, but it was a lot more work than I anticipated.

I went in her room today to see what she and her friend were up to and guess...just guess. Yes, that's right, they colored with horrible, vile crayons all over the elephant. I'm not gonna lie...I cried and then repainted it. (I am not a believer in crayons. Most young kids write on walls instead of paper and Claire eats them.)
Other than that, here are some pictures of the munchkin.
She learned how to actually pedal and she's quite proud of herself.
I didn't get the actual picture I wanted here. Evelyn is sucking her thumb, but Claire had her finger shoved up her nose. Notice where that finger is now? Gross, I know, but it was so funny.

I tried curlers for the first time. Haha. The result was somewhat more lion-like than I wanted, so we'll try bigger curlers next time. Notice what she's watching? Yeah. All I have to say is that it's better than Strawberry Shortcake!

Other than that, I'm due in just 20 days! Is that crazy or what!!! I'm feeling very uncomfortable now. I have sciatica so badly and it gets worse each day. I'm now getting out of bed, not to just pee, but to get my nightly dose of tums for the heartburn that interrupts my wonderful dreams. I cannot wait to see what he looks like and snuggle his tiny little body!!! I got my hospital bag all ready (almost...it's taken me 3 weeks to get this far on it) and now I'm just waiting for the day that I will probably have to be induced. No dilation yet. We'll see what the doc says tomorrow. You'd think that with me carrying 25 pounds of Claire around all the time it would do something. Some people just get on their hands and knees and wipe up spilled milk. Not me. I could lift a car and the only thing happening would be stronger leg muscles. We're excited!!!

5 comments:
hahaha..... that's awesome. I carried Landon all around too, etc. and I actually dilated really fast with this last one.... the last 2 weeks I was a 4+, 100% effaced, but NO contractions consistent in any way. I felt totally fine. too normal. I wanted some pain to know it was CLOSE! It was frustrating! My doc finally said, "you have a pioneer cervix. you could walk across the plains and not give birth". So maybe you have a pioneer cervix too!!! :) haha.
And I LOVE your animal decors! So cute! Your hard work on them definitely paid off!!!
1. I LOVE YOUR HAIR. You don't look 37 weeks pregnant at all. You look absolutely fabulous!
2. Claire is so big, I want to kiss her big girl face! It blows me away that she's grown so much- then i think about my baby boy and the fact that he too is going to grow up, and i can't even fathom it.I only know him as a baby! He should stay a baby FOREVER, i think.
3. Your jungle nursery is ADORABLE! You did a most excellent job painting the animals and I'm in love with the monkey. IN LOVE. I'm cooking up a fun little something in your jungle theme that you can add... i'm excited!!!
What a fun room! Way to go on the painting. That is SO sad she colored on it and you had to repaint! What a pain. I'm a fan of the color wonder sets. Colors on the paper and that's it! :) So exciting you're so close to your little guy being here!!! Good luck and hopefully he'll decided to come on his own. The last few weeks is the longest and most stressful for me!
Holy crap, wow, and what?! Let me explain.
HOLY CRAP. The jungal decorations are freaking cute.
WOW. You're so gorgeous. I was listening to Dr. Laura today (love her) and she was talking to some dude who felt strange that his wife was always dressed nicely and looking cute even when going to McDonalds and Dr Laura told him to knock it off, and way back when, no woman on earth would ever NOT get ready or be caught dead in pj's etc, then she encouraged the man to set a new standard for himself and among his friends to GET READY and look sharp! Anyway, my dear, you remind me that I need to take pride in how I look and stop looking like I belong in Walmart 24/7, so way to go.
WHAT?! 20 DAYS?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!? I almost positive you just announced your pregnancy like a week ago. Time is flying!
Claire is looking so big now. Crazy! Are you ready for two? You look gorgeous and I can't wait for that little boy to get here.
Post a Comment