Picture

Picture

Saturday, January 7, 2012

It Could Have Been Worse...

Our computer crashed. Sad day. We don't have an external hard drive, yes, we know....dumb. We'll have one some day when we can afford one. We lost our pictures. I tried for weeks to get them burned onto a disk because I just knew something was going very wrong and I wanted copies of everything.

Despite all of that, I feel very blessed. I just developed everything right before Thanksgiving, so we do have hard copies. We also put them all on a flash drive and transferred them to Brian's parent's computer, so we'll have them send them back to us. I have a lot of them on Shutterfly where I can develop them any time I want. The only thing I really really lost was the first part of December. I kept a whole bunch on our camera because of that "everything is going to be lost" feeling. I think that it's a major blessing. Thank goodness we spread them all over the place!

Now, hopefully said computer doesn't have too much wrong with it, or else I will have pictureless blogs for a while and I will not blog often because it takes so much time on the iPad. We may have to get a new computer, so we'll be saving up for that.

Also, I just have to say that Pedialyte is my new best friend. Claire has been sick....but we don't know with what. A virus I guess. I thought it was just teething because she was so ornery and clingy, but then she started to get VERY lethargic. She hadn't eaten anything but a few crackers a day for 3 days and therefore had major bowel problems. After talking to the nurse, a trip to the store, and 6 oz. of Pedialyte, we played with stackable blocks and she laughed and screamed...a happy thing. Thank goodness. I missed my happy little monster.

Envelope System. Haha. Ever heard of it. That's what we're on these days. We've really tried to stick to a budget, but it's so hard with so little money and the ease of just swiping that card. So, we're getting back on track and doing cash in envelops. Saving every receipt. It could be worse. It's actually kind of a game to me and it's been fun to see how we've been doing. First week down. :) We each have $15 for the month to do with whatever we want. I've found that I'm a fat kid at heart. I want doughnuts, icee's, leftover holiday candy on sale...you name it. However, I am not willing to let my $15 be spent on something so lame. See...this is good for me.

That's all. We are very blessed. Plus, who can deny it...April weather in January was marvelous! Now Claire and I get to go play in the snow today.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

sad sad day!!! I'm impressed- you're taking this so well. At least you had a feeling and didn't lose much. A blessing, I agree! I'm also jealous of your weather... crazy to be jealous of Utah winter :)
love!

KaraLyn said...

What? Crazy timing! Good thing that you put all your photos on CD. (P.S. I think I left those at your house, right?)

Kateka said...

ACK!! Sometimes I HATE computers for that very reason. Good thing for intuition (or the spirit??) and that you acted on it. Holy moly.

I had to tell you how much I loved your comment recently on my blog... to the "brother jason" to the whole "sick of sugar but eating pie" reference. You totally get me! I do that exact same thing. I just love you!