Picture

Picture

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chocolate, I'm Starting Early Today

Being a mother without chocolate would surely be the end of me. I seriously don't know how some people do it. To me, you're either crazy or amazing...or both.

Note to self: Grad school is hard. Yes, I know I'm not the one slaving away in front of flasks and hazardous material...the poor hubster...but I think that in some ways I might happen to be more explosive than a barrel of whatever in the lab.

Patience...sigh...patience. I prayed for that once. It laughs at me on a daily basis. As I was lying in bed last night at 11 'o clock wondering when Brian would finally come home from work, I realized that this life I'm in doesn't actually last forever. Can we get three cheers, please??? Phew. It's hard for me to see ahead most off the time, and maybe that was a good thing. I feel antsy to be done with school (yes, I count myself in school with Brian because I believe wife's survive grad,med,law...schools with their husbands). I'm excited for the day where family time doesn't begin at 6 and end at 7 when Brian goes back to work. I'm excited to not be renting. Sigh. Decorating however I want? Yes, please! I'm excited to have our income start with a higher number so we can have more wiggle room. Soon. All in good time, right. We're on the last leg of our race ...which is usually where I would fall on the ground dying and gasping for breath. We'll make it.

Second, I'm getting a little terrified of having 2 children. What? 2? When did this baby thing happen? 10 weeks left? What? No, I can't play with Claire and console a colicky baby. It makes me feel guilty. One was so easy. You hold it all the time. Sleep during their naps. Spend every possible moment making them comfortable. Now, I need to grow some extra arms to have two of them.

Seriously though...back to the chocolate. It's possible. Grad school does end and mothers survive multiple children. Just one snack a day is how I'm going to be living for a while. Bring on the snicker doodles and sweet mint chocolate chip ice cream.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

excellent. bring on the chocolate indeed! it takes just as much work to keep a home functioning as it does to go to school- both spouses put in a FULL DAYS WORK, that's what i think. keep the chocolate and the cheerful attitude coming honey, and you can TOTALLY. DO. THIS. totally :)

xoxo
Lindsey

Kateka said...

Ooooooh. I miss chocolate. I found a half bag of chocolate chips in my pantry the other day, and it took everything in me to not dump the whole thing in my mouth. So far, I've gone 12 days without chocolate and you're right - I think I am crazy, or at least about to go crazy. I am going to a chocolate fondue party tonight and planning on resisting, but they may as well just stick toothpicks under my finger nails. I just wish I could be like you and eat sweets once in awhile but still be itty bitty! And AMEN to wives putting their husbands through school, yeah we're not attending but we are still GOING THROUGH IT. We deserve a diploma when they graduate.