Picture

Picture

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

30 Weeks

Oh the joys. I thought I should document a little more about this baby since I am not being a great journal writer these days. Scratch that....I don't even remember when I wrote in my journal last, so I'm not a journal writer at all.

In many ways this pregnancy has been as wonderful and easy as the last. In other ways it has not. I've had a lot more concerns with this one. I think it's partly due to the fact that I was so oblivious that anything could go wrong with Claire that nothing really worried me. With this one we had the bleeding episode and the no stomach on the ultrasound day (which still worries me a little). The most petty and annoying thing is that I'm not convinced of this child's name yet. I'm more of a believer in names fitting people because that's what their name is. I'm not a huge believer in the "you have to see them first" kind of thing, but boy....I'm not convinced that this child's name is Jared yet. I love the name, but I don't know. Maybe something else? That being said, this no name baby has been hard for me to connect with. I think there is something about being able to talk to your child by name instead of "baby boy" or "your little brother". Sigh....I guess I might be converted to the "you have to see him first" way of life.

Like I said, I have relatively easy pregnancies, so I'll focus on what's different. This little boy is a tickler and I have already decided that he's my little monkey (weird that my kids have animals associated with them before they have names). He wiggles in my hips and my ribs all the time, but it tickles. I feel like he's also going to just fall out some days because he sits so low! I swear I almost had him while riding my bike the other day. I think I'll plan that activity for pre-labor. I still have major heartburn just like I did with Claire (shout out to Tums) but I also think it's because he likes to climb up and kick my stomach after I've eaten. Thank you, dear boy. The most noticeable things for me; however, is my mood. I felt normal with Claire. With this one I have been CRAZY or at least I feel crazy! I can get so angry sometimes. I can also feel very apathetic towards people or things....which is usually the case. Sigh...I'm excited to feel like myself again. The other thing is that I think the first pregnancy is easier weight wise. I was so excited to show with Claire, but I'm just excited to get back into my pants without a stretchy waistband.

Without further adieu...the picture. I never feel very pregnant until I take a picture. Boy oh boy are my "I'm still pretty small" pep talks to myself blown out of the water when the picture is uploaded.

30 weeks with Baby Boy


30 weeks with Claire

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

YOU'RE TINY!!! seriously, I think you're smaller with this one then with Claire! You look fantastic, Stacy, honestly. I'm not just saying this as your friend, i'm completely objective here :) I'm sorry you're feeling apathetic... i hate that feeling. But you're near the end and you've done so great so far!! stay positive and the next 68 days are gonna fly!
xoxo
Lindsey

p.s. I AM SO EXCITED TO BE HAVING BABY BOYS WITH YOU!!!!!!! Yay for 2012, the year of the baby boys :)

Janaca said...

You look so cute! I cannot believe you are that far along already. Where does the time go!? Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Can't wait to meet your little man.

kayla said...

You look so cute!! You're getting so close

meg said...

Um You are tiny. AND. When I am pregnant I get bat%^&$ crazy. Like wondering if I should just drive to Vegas, change my name and become a real estate agent crazy. And that was one of my better ideas.

You? You are doing just fine.

Kateka said...

I don't really have an opinion way way or the other with the YOU HAVE TO SEE THE BABY FIRST BEFORE YOU NAME IT kinda thing, but I have a funny story about that... one day while watching TODDLERS AND TIARAS (it's such a train wreck, I can't NOT watch), one the mothers explained that she gave her newborn baby the option of SPARKLE or BROOKLYN... the baby batted her eyes and so her mom picked SPARKLE. The little girl was named Sparkle Queenz! Craziness. Hahaha. As long as you don't leave the name up to the baby (remember Picaboo Street?), then you can't go wrong. :)

Nicole said...

You look so great!!!! 10 more weeks, then maybe you can feel like yourself again!!! ha, dang hormones!!