She is a MONSTER! Tantrums. Hitting. Whining. Crying. Then she smiles, kisses me, says "Mommy, I wuv choo" and it melts my heart. I love it when she says "I love you". However....the hitting. We sent her to time out in her room last night because we couldn't get her to stop hitting me. It was as if we sent her down a small dark hole to die.....the screaming was so bad! The second time in time-out she grabbed all of her stuffed animals in reach, sat on the ground, and hugged them as tight as she could (all while screaming). I think we have a drama queen on our hands. After a few moments in a dark bathroom and a few deep breaths I was ready to resume the role of good mother. I had a chat with her and then we read The Big Hungry Bear. Then? Bed time. A sacred, sacred time for parents.
On to Christmas! Hopefully I get my stitches out on Saturday morning and then we get to bake pies and be with family. Sounds a little like heaven to me. Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
I AM SOOOO EXCCITED FOR CHRISTMAS TOO!!!!! I have been dying this year, i'm way too excited :) Sorry about Claire, you're such a wonderul mama to her. i love and miss you all!!!
Oh, no, sorry about the hitting phase! Landon hasn't gotten into it at all (not yet at least) but carson was TERRIBLE!!!! It was so hard being patient when you try to get down on their level to talk to them and they slap you in the face. ARRRGH!!!!! Fury! :) you're an awesome mom, I love knowing it's a 'kid' thing and my kiddos aren't the only one!!!! :) And Merry Christmas! yay!
Post a Comment