Picture

Picture

Monday, November 7, 2011

Better Write That Down

First of all, we just got back from our re-check ultrasound and everything looks great! Phew!!! She had us worried for a second because we still couldn't see a stomach, but after a few minutes it started to fill up and showed us where the sweet thing is. We're so grateful that everything is ok and for answered prayers.

Second, we had a wonderful weekend! It was so relaxing and fun. We didn't do much, just a lot of family time. We went to the mall on Saturday and got a little outfit for baby boy for $2 (thanks to JCPenny who sends out $10 off a $10 purchase) and we just walked around looking at things. It was nice to get out of the house for a few hours. The mall was followed by napping and then I got a couple of hours to work on Christmas presents. I LOVE making gifts. I almost feel bad for loving it so much for two reasons. 1) I make an ENORMOUS mess when I'm trying to be creative and it doesn't get cleaned up until I'm done. 2) I probably enjoy the making process and what it looks like in the end more than the person receiving it.

Third, we started a new cooking/cleaning way of life at our house. Brian always grew up like this: whoever makes dinner doesn't do the dishes. I liked it when we didn't have kids, but now it just doesn't work for us. It's nearly impossible actually. Dishes pile up for days and I HATE doing dishes. I would clean a million bathrooms before I would want to do the dishes. What I really need is a self-cleaning kitchen. Sigh. Anyway, I started to re-think our strategy since I would get angry that I was cooking and the dishes weren't getting done. Then I remembered a conference talk in which one of the Apostles told a story of trying to fix the washing machine and his wife told him to stop and go play with his children. My clockwork started...well....working. Since I'm with Claire all day, I think he needs to have some daddy time after work and then I can cook and clean AND it serves as my mommy break. We then switch roles on the weekends and I play with Claire while he cooks and cleans. We have done it for two weeks now and I LOVE IT. Our kitchen gets cleaned more regularly and I'm not running out of cups or utensils anymore. I also love that Brian gets more time with Claire and I think she's really enjoying all the attention.

That's what we're up to. :) All 4 happy and healthy. :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on your baby boy!!!! How exciting! What a relief to have everything look good on your ultrasound! can't believe you're over half-way there!

Lindsey said...

HALLELUJAH!!!! Oh i was praying sooo hard for the little buddy!!!! SO glad it's good news! I can't wait for him to get big and strong and come out so I can meet him!!!! Happy day!!!
xoxo
Linds

Kateka said...

Wahoo! So happy that everything is okay with baby boy. Nice reflection on the cleaning thing. Seriously. I forgot ALL THE TIME what really matters and let the little day-to-day things get in my way.

Jason and Kayli said...

So glad everything is ok!!!! Thank heavens for our apostles to remind us what's really important! Can't wait to meet your little guy! Miss you guys!