So, funny hospital story (funny now that it's over at least). Brian was a total space cadet while we were in the hospital. He was so overwhelmed with being a new dad that he wasn't quite in his right frame of mind. He came home and got in the shower with his glasses on for one, looked like a deer in the headlights most of the time, and started is daddy worrying from the first minute she got here. So, we're just chilling in the hospital on Friday morning and he puts his hands up and gasps, "I lost my wedding ring!" Now, Brian is ALWAYS taking his ring off to play with it, so it came to no surprise to me. He looked at home, nothing. Labor and delivery room, nothing. Lost and found, nothing. We started looking through pictures to see if he had it on. The only pictures we had were of the delivery room and in both pictures his ring finger was covered up, but my mom went through hers and saw it in some of them, so we knew it had to be in our mother-baby room since he went no where after that. So, Saturday morning, we packed everything up, said countless prayers to find it, but we still weren't finding anything in our stuff or around the room. Last place to look, the trash. Yes, he found his ring in one of the trash cans. THANK GOODNESS that prayers are answered! What a relief. I told him that he cannot ever take it off his finger again.
Brian is the cutest dad ever! It's so darling to hear him say, "I love you" to her all the time and then turn to me to tell me that she is so cute. I love being a mom and I'm so glad that we get to be parents! Here are some pictures from Claire at home! We love her!!
One of my favorites!!!
We had to get a picture with the "Claire Bear" that we got her. :)
10 comments:
You look great and so happy! It's nice that you will have such great photos from the first few days. One of my sisters-in-law was constantly in pajamas so she looks like crap the first couple of months.
She is so precious! I love that picture where she is squishing her cheeks together!! So cute. What a stress about losing his ring, I'm so glad you found it!
Stace you look absolutely B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! Seriously, you're stunning! And Brian looks so happy- I'm so thrilled for you guys! Much Love!!!
I love that we can use digital cameras now for like clues. That's amazing.
I can't believe your little Clair Bear has such dark hair. She is so beautiful. Congratulations you two! I am sure you are exceptional parents.
Motherhood looks so beautiful on you!
You look so perfect with little Claire in your arms! It makes me even more excited for when I get to experience it all over again.
What a beautiful family you have!
Congrats!
Oh my goodness Stacy! 1) you look GREAT 2) Claire is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the squishy cheek picture.
You look great and Clair is just gorgeous. Congrats again! It's such a wonderful experience becoming parents for the first time.
:) SO cute. Love how cute you are about being a new mom- you have it RIGHT on! The coolest thing is..... it's the same feeling with #2 :) and the happiness is doubled to see both your husband AND your firstborn hugging, kissing, and telling this brand new baby how much they love them over and over again :) She's beautiful, and has the BEST hair!
What cute pictures! I love her hair and her precious cheeks. Congrats you guys!
You look so good and Claire is adorable!
Post a Comment