Picture

Picture

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Random

First off, I am SHOCKED that Claire is taking a nap today! She is usually up for a big part of the day. Thanks to this nap, I was able to do some laundry, make banana bread, clean up the house, and blog! Phew. Finally got something done around here.

We blessed Claire last week on the 15th. It was a beautiful blessing and she looked darling in her blessing dress. Thank goodness she made it through sacrament meeting before peeing all over it. :) Crisis averted. She has a throwing up problem sometimes when I overfeed her, so I was grateful she didn't throw up all over it. No, I'm not talking spit up....it's vomit. HUGE amounts of spit-up if you will. Sorry that I don't have an ounce gauge on my body to tell me to stop feeding her. If my body would just regulate better and not have so much blasted food for her. Well, thank goodness it's too much instead of not enough. Also, Brian's grandma thought she'd make things more interesting for the day and fainted twice while we were outside taking pictures. Not gonna lie, it scared me to death. She is cold all the time, so she thinks that in this 100 degree weather she has to dress for a blizzard. Thermal garments, a long sleeve dress, and a blazer. I would pass out too. When we got her into the car, Uncle Brent started dabbing her with water to try and get her to cool down. She didn't know what was going on and just asked why he was making her all wet. Oh Grandma... :) Thank goodness she's okay and it was fun to have so much family there for the blessing.

Claire is now a little over 3 weeks old and she has a typical case of baby acne. No, it's not cute and I wish it would go away. However, I don't like how everyone has to say, "Oh my, what's wrong with her face?" Nothing's wrong with her face, doofus. They're called zits. Ever heard of them? I wouldn't go up to you and say, "My goodness, what's that thing protruding from your forehead?" now would I? No. Claire's adorable and there's nothing wrong with her face. It just takes a little time to clear up. Little protective I guess.

I now fit into all of my clothes and I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Wahoo. Took me 3 weeks, but after being pregnant for that long, it seemed like forever. I'm grateful for my clothes that button up! Now I have to get down to my pre-marriage weight as my goal. 10 lbs to go!

As I was driving home from my mom's last Friday, I popped in some wonderful Michael Buble. I sure love his music. I think my mom and I should go to a concert next time he's in town. :) So, you know how certain smells remind you of past memories? Well, I think it's crazy that music does the same thing. Every time I listen to Mr. Buble, the same old smells and memories come back and the music is always related to a person. Buble reminds me of driving up to Rexburg by myself to see an old friend. He's a good person to listen to on the boring road to Rexburg that's for sure. Relient K reminds me of driving through the canyon with Bethany while being frustrated over the whole Dan and Brian dating situation. (Oh dear!) All American Rejects and Ataris = high school. Missy Higgins = all things related to Brian. Funny how songs rarely bring on new memories as you listen to them over and over. They always make me think of the same old things. So, while listening and thinking about all these things (since most of them reminded me of past boyfriends), I'd just have to say that I'm so darn thankful that I married Brian. I'm convinced that I could have married anyone and been pretty happy, but I'm glad he came around and chose me. Don't get me wrong, I still think I dated some pretty great guys, but I think Brian is just that wonderful that he tops the list. Maybe I'm biased... :)


Here are some pictures from the blessing.

Brian's parents

Brian's extended family

My extended family

The Great Grandparents and Grandparents

My parents

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, people are so studpid. Lots of babies get baby acne and they are still ADORABLE! :)

You look so good in those pictures! And I'm uber impressed that you are already down to your pre-pregnancy weight. Go you!

Katie K said...

I'm so jealous!!! It's going to take me months to get back to my size. I should have been better when I was pregnant.

kayla said...

Love the pictures. I can not believe you are already back to your pre pregnancy wait that is awesome. GO YOU!!

Nicole said...

cute pics! Carson got pretty bad baby acne for a while, and the doc said it was 'cause i was bathing him everyday. I loved giving him baths! he said they should only get a bath every other day or every 3rd day b/c otherwise the constant bathing produces so much more oil for them....causing the acne ??? I backed down and it worked for him..... just an idea. Go you on losin' all your weight! So great!

Lindsey said...

Oh beautiful day!!! Congrats Stacy and Brian! (I'm glad you married Brian, Stace- worked out perfect!) Such a cute family!!! YAY!!!

Unknown said...

You look great! That's so awesome you are already back to pre-pregnancy weight. It takes me 1.5 years or more...
I hear you about the baby acne, Rachael had it so bad (I wouldn't say it was cute either)and I hated people asking me what was wrong with her face. DUH! :)
Glad you are doing well... Love the pictures.

Janaca said...

I read this post forever ago, but forgot to comment. I just had to say that whenever I hear Josh Groban it reminds me of you! Did you know you were the one that introduced me to him? Me and Jessica Turnbow were over at your house working on something for English I think and that's when I first heard it! Funny. Anyway, so fun you had lots of family support. She looks so pretty and you look like one happy mom!