Second reason why I'm so lucky, and I do have to brag about this, is that little baby Claire sleeps through the night. Gasp! What? Yes, that's right. She goes to sleep around 9 or 10, wakes up once around 4 to eat and then goes right back to sleep until she wakes up at 8:30. She's such a gem! Thank goodness for sleep! I don't know how people do it when their kids are up all night! She did that for a couple days and I was sooooo tired. Good job to mom's that can do that. Lots of people ask me how my sleep is coming or they tell me that someday I will sleep again. Well, my sleep is coming just fine and I'm loving it. She has had a couple of rough days though where she has been awake for 5+ hours straight. That's like an eternity in newborn time! She gets soooooooo cranky! I spent more than 4 hours yesterday trying to get her to sleep. Finally I put her in her car seat/stroller and drove it around our apartment since it was raining outside and she fell asleep. I'll never understand why people fight to stay awake. I love sleeping!
The only reason I will count myself an unlucky soul is because I have not had a taste of chocolate in 3 weeks! THREE WEEKS!!!! Never in my life have I even gone one week without chocolate! I'm dying. However, I would rather omit chocolate from my life for a while than have a screaming, colic-y baby! I miss it's wonderful taste as it melts in my mouth. Ah....someday. Guess for now this new "diet" is helping my figure? Maybe.
5 comments:
You are VERY lucky!! Sounds like you have such a sweet mom that's taking excellent care of you, and to have a baby that already sleeps through the night!! HEAVEN. That's always one of the hardest things for me about newborns is missing so much sleep. Sounds like you've got it made!
wow that is so awesome that you have that help and that Claire sleeps so well...you truly are blessed...and not being able to have chocolate is a blessing in disguise...let me know when you can have chocolate again ad I will hand deliver brownies or cookies or something of the sort... ;)
I think...I hate you just a little bit. I can't believe she already sleeps so long through the night! The boys were several months older before they did what she does.
Yay for sleeping! I remember people telling me those same things and wanting to say, 'I actually sleep way better with a new baby than I did when I was 9 months pregnant'. And I'm sorry you can't have chocolate. Luckily, Penny likes chocolate too I guess because she never got colicky from me eating it. But I'm sure it is a blessing in disguise for you :)
hoo-rah! Looks like you're in heaven! Sleeping baby.... Awesome Mama.... Awesome figure.... :) Good for you. Life IS SO good, isn't it?
Post a Comment