Picture

Picture

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy 24th Birthday

I turn 24 tomorrow! Really? Am I really getting that old? Well, my goal was to have a baby before I turned 24. Mission accomplished. Next goal is to have another baby before I'm 26. We'll see how that one goes.

So, as you know, Brian and I cannot ever wait for the actual event date to give gifts. Christmas gifts are opened all throughout December and birthday gifts are usually a few days early as well. This year is no exception, so I got my gift on Saturday instead of Monday, my actual b-day. He came home yesterday and told me that I needed to check our car cd player because it's not working. Darn....it really is broken. However, Brian kept telling me to pick new music to put in there. The whole time I'm just thinking, "Why would I pick out new music when we can't load anything?" So, I go to humor him and open the glove box to get the cd's. On top was a card addressed to myself and an express gift card. I slowly and quietly closed the glove box because I didn't think I was supposed to see that until Monday. I looked at Brian, who is smiling, and ask if I was supposed to see that already, and he said yes. So, I got a gift card to Express from my in-laws and a Banana Republic one from Brian. Two of my most favorite stores! I haven't gone shopping for clothes since October! It's so much fun to not have a basketball sticking out of my body! I had a blast! I got a pretty sweater from Express (sorry, couldn't get the picture to copy) and this from Banana:
Of course I wear that with my garments sticking out of the straps. Kidding! I got a beautiful black cardigan to go over it as well. Trust me, it looks better on and it looks way better with a cardigan than in the picture. There is a sweet girl, Makelle, that works at Banana. I just love her. I met her last year and we chatted a lot over a shirt that we liked that Brian hated. Since I would go into the store almost every Saturday she came to know who I was. She's adorable. Anyway, every time I go in we chat a little bit about our lives and she usually gives us some sort of deal or tells us of the upcoming specials. So, yesterday she gave us 30 percent off of our entire purchase and an extra $10 off the cardigan just for the heck of it. It's all about who you know! Thanks Makelle!!! I just love her!

Tonight we're trying to make crab legs for the first time ever. Yum!!! I love crab! Then tomorrow, my overly-obsessed-about-grilling husband is making steak. Yum! I'm excited! Sometimes I think birthdays are all about the food. :) Maybe I'll even sneak a bite of chocolate ice cream. Just one bite though. So far I've had a wonderful Birthday weekend!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you :)

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jess Christiansen

Janaca said...

How fun! Happy Birthday. Shopping for clothes is always so much fun after wearing maternity clothes for what seems like forever!

kayla said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day.

Erin Dougal said...

Happy Birthay!!! New clothes are always fun :)

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! Same day as my hubby's..........

Kateka said...

Happy birthday!!