Picture

Picture

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Deflated Balloon

Let's talk about pregnancy for just a second. It's true that EVERYONE looks smaller to you when you're pregnant because you feel like the most ginormous balloon on the face of the earth. Well, I thought being pregnant was pretty darn fun and I did enjoy it most of the time....probably up until I couldn't roll over in bed without waking up and putting a lot of effort into it. Now lets go back to before I was pregnant. I didn't exactly feel skinny...ever. I was always trying to do new exercises or work off that extra 5-10 lbs. Never worked and I was always unsatisfied with how I looked, how my clothes fit, or that I wasn't as skinny as that girl crossing the street. However, since I have had the baby, my whole perspective has changed. I still do not fit in my jeans without having a world record muffin top (but I can button them up and I was happy about that), nor do my clothes fit as well as they once did, but every time I pass the mirror I think to myself, "My goodness! I'm skinny again! Crazy! Just last week I was HUGE!" It's great! Maybe I should just get pregnant every time I beat myself up for looking 5 lbs heavier than normal. Turns my brain right around. I don't know how long this frame of mind lasts, but I like it. I like thinking that I look nice and lean even when my pants don't fit quite right. It's a nice feeling. :) Nothing like being a deflated balloon!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Awesome attitude...... wouldn't it be great if we all thought that of ourselves all the time and not just after deflating our big preggo balloon tummy??

Katie K said...

Sheesh your lucky. I gained too much so I still look like humpty dumpty! I can wiggle my toes again though! :)

Jenny Showalter said...

I'm going to remember this when I go through the same thing! Thanks for making me laugh!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin Dougal said...

What the heck? Who put up that last comment?? Anyways... Yay for fitting into pants! That's the best. Some girls can't for months or even years. It's nice to young and elastic :) I remember feeling that exact same way. And now, 6 months later, I looked at a picture of myself just days before birth and I still can't believe I was ever that big.

Chippy said...

That is such a good attitude. I am going to think that when I look in the mirror. I didn't just have a baby but that definitely helps the perspective.

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

I love your post! Four days after I had Ellie, I thought I was looking ok, but my great grandma asked me if I had another baby in there. I guess I was an "empty" balloon. Congrats again!

Jessica Christiansen