Picture

Picture

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

IRS- Gotta Love 'Em

I have to share my wonderful conversation with the IRS that I had today. They're winners.

S0, I filed an amended tax return for 2006 since my wonderful brother is doing accounting, knows what he's doing and was able to get us some extra money back this year. We mailed the return to the IRS in February, so we've just been waiting and waiting. Anyway, so I called the IRS to see if they knew any sort of time frame of when I should receive it. After verifying all of my information and stuff, this is how it went:

Me: I'm trying to find out the status of my amended 2006 return.
IRS lady: Oh, I don't see that we ever received an amened 2006 return.
Me: Uh.....That's a concern! I sent it in early February so you should have received it a long time ago. Can you please find it? (Mind you, we've been NEEDING this return to help pay for our baby, so I was kind of freaking out inside).
IRS lady: No, I'm sorry, we didn't receive it. It's past the tax deadline, so you will not be receiving any refund from 2006.
Me: Well, I sent it in February, so you better find it!
IRS lady: No, we cannot do anything for you. Nothing has been processed for you, so there is currently nothing we can do.
Me: Ok, so there's nothing I can do if your people lost my return and didn't process it on time?
IRS lady: That is correct. You will not receive anything for 2006.
This is where my blood starts to boil and I want to punch her in her big fat IRS face. She could at least be slightly apologetic and/or check some other resources. I work in customer service for goodness sakes and know how to be helpful. She definitely was not.
Me: Well, that's just not going to fly. I had a refund for 'X' amount of money and I really need you to find that refund.
IRS lady: Oh, I see that you have a pending refund for that 'X' amount of money, so it does look like we received it and it's in processing.
Please fire her now...
Me: Uh....ok.....so you did receive it after all and I will receive my refund.
IRS lady: Yes ma'am, it appears so.

Now, I don't hate the IRS like some people do nor don't hate a company because I feel that one person is incompetent. She may not even be incompetent, but come on! Please tell me the correct information before you get me all worked up with the wrong information! Goodness!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Wowsa! I would have been SO upset!! That is ridiculous. I am glad you ARE getting your refund though!

Erin Dougal said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I hate her- and I didn't even talk to her. At least it's processing right?

Makenna said...

eesh! that would be an IRS FAIL. All government programs try to be so helpful . . . but really they are a pain in the neck. :) YAY for money!

Kateka said...

I am glad you are getting your refund, but seriously.... what IF they really lost it??? That blows.