Summer in Texas is always an adventure. I feel like I'm getting used to the heat and humidity...never thought I would. I think we've ventured outside a little more this year and it's been so good for my soul and sanity.
The kids have had so much fun with these.....
Cicada shells. Thank you Brian for bringing this to their attention. They've had to bring them in the house now. Funny, because Claire refuses to touch them, but wants to create her own indoor colony of them. She only held this one because it was attached to this leaf.
Washable markers. They are a joy aren't they? I love them. The kids love them. We have had walls painted with them, but more importantly, my children have to become cats every single night. Then they bounce around the house meowing.
Hailey crawls everywhere. She still doesn't sit by herself without falling over in every direction. Yes child, it IS strange to crawl before you can sit. You're doing things in reverse here!!!
Look at those eyes. I'm in love.
And now for this cheesy smile. This girl smiles with all the parts of her face. I didn't quite catch it in time, but she'll smile so big that her eyes squint closed and then she has to blink it away. Gah! It makes me laugh and melts my heart every time.
Jared prefers media to people at any given point in the day. I have to greatly restrict Wild Kratts at the moment.
Last, but not least, Fire Ants. Gosh dang those fire ants! I was mowing the lawn yesterday and apparently came across a colony of them. You'd think I stood in this pile for at least 10 seconds with all the stings that I have. No, sir. I laid one normal, 1 second step into the pile I didn't notice and got bit a bajillion times. 2 hours later, cutting tree branches - same scenario. Now, These things are nasty Mcnasty and I am annoyingly allergic to them. I've seen my kids get these without the same effects. Mine are painful for about 2 weeks and I swell from the sight and extended about 4 inches. Since I have 10 stings around one ankle, I fully expect to have kankles for two weeks. You're also not supposed to pop them, but I've discovered that if I do, they go away much faster (on my body at least).




1 comment:
OUCH! Girl, that looks terrible! your poor ankle! If it's any consolation, your kids are pretty cute!
Post a Comment