Picture

Picture

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The July Post

Where did July go? I'm sitting here, on the very last day of the month, and I'm wondering where summer is flying off too. Maybe it's the fact that our summer is spent inside instead of sweating our hearts out in the heat and humidity. I think that has something to do with it.

Actually, to be honest, our summer here has been pretty mild and we've had lots of rain. It smells so good and it makes me so happy. It's the after-rain scorcher that's the real killer, but I've just embraced the fact that although things may be bigger and better in Texas, I am also uglier in Texas. My hair doesn't often get done beyond a ponytail and my makeup melts off my face. In fact, last week at play date, I got a weird heat rash on my cheek that hasn't yet gone away. I was just a sweatin' and went home with blisters all over my cheek. Weird? Yes.





 What's the first amazing thing I discovered about Texas? It's called The Ark. A local church has a free indoor playground, and it's amazing. The kids love it. I love that it's air conditioned and that they get worn out. I'd move here just for The Ark.


So sorry for the blurry picture, but Claire is already making it in with those older men. These boys loved her. Searched for her when she left them and helped her up and down the slide for about an hour.


I took the kids out during a rainstorm to experience rain under an umbrella. Did someone shoot me in the head with a stupid dart? Kids don't stay under umbrellas in the rain. They got wet. They got muddy. They got stinky. It was beautiful and I wished that I were a kid again and didn't have to get all that mud out of their clothes. Then I wouldn't have cared to ruin my favorite shorts.




Stomp, Stomp, Stomp!

Catching the run-a-way....again.



Grandma came to visit again! Geez, we sure have been spoiled in the Anderson visits lately! It's been so much fun this summer to have Brian's family so close and visiting so much! We haven't had this much time with them...ever, so we've just really loved it. His Brother just got a job in Houston, so they're moving today and it's been a little glum around here knowing that they're 4 hours away instead of 20 minutes. I know. Four hours. You'd think they crossed the earth two times over.  :)

Anyway, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium with Grandma and I think it was a huge hit! Other than the first exhibit being filled to the brim with people, we really enjoyed it. Claire keeps talking about "THE SHARKS!"



The Anteaters were my favorite 

Closeup anyone? 


Shark tank

That boy loves his fish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rain pics are adorable! I wonder what you were thinking, because I could never keep you under an umbrella either! You loved being out in the rain even when you were older!!!

Lindsey said...

The rain pictures are my FAVORITE! Makes me want like 10 babies! Childhood really is the sweetest thing. Also, i don't think you're ugly at all, you look AMAZING!

Katie K said...

Oh my gosh, the run-away-picture kills me. Life with toddlers! :)