Picture

Picture

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Book Per Week

So, I'm not going to lie, I totally stole this adorable idea from my friend Katelin (who is one of the most inventive and adorable mom's out there). Sorry Katelin- I even used the exact same craft. :) Thanks for helping me be a better mother and do something fun with my kiddos.

So, a book per week. Lately (ok always) I've been feeling like I'm not as good of a mom as I should be (more on that later) and I've wanted to do something creative with both kids that they would enjoy. Claire can't get enough as far as reading and books go, so this is a great thing for her. I don't read to Jared nearly enough because Claire pushes him off my lap and demands the book attention, so this is good for him too. Win, win, win.

This week we did the Very Hungry Caterpillar. We read this book all the time. We love it! Claire is really into watercoloring, she even spent 3 hours one day just painting, it was amazing. I cut up an egg carton, let her paint away. I helped Jared since eating paint and markers were more appealing, but after 3 days, they are still in love with their caterpillars and hide them all over the house.




See that paint on his top lip? 


Finished Caterpillar and Butterfly



This one's for you, Diane! I finally updated. :)

3 comments:

Tracee said...

So you read a book each week, and then do a craft for that book? Is there something like this for adults? I love this idea!

Kateka said...

This is so cute. And Jared has it all right, paint tastes so good. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love these! I wish I were there to help!