Picture

Picture

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Poopy Party

This is a story of why I should not throw parties when I have toddlers who refuse to let me clean.

Brian turned 30! THIRTY! on the 14th of December. I wanted to make it a memorable one since it's his segueway into his older man days, so I decided to throw a surprise party for him. I spent all week trying, a little at a time, to get the house clean. It was...a slow process. Wednesday and Thursday were the big days, with Thursday night being the party. I worked all night on Wednesday so I could save Thursday to make pies, cupcakes, decorating, and finish up the cleaning.

Silly me. I should have saved Thursday for leaving the house and returning at party time.

Well, I forgot to get the pie crust recipe from my mom, so I couldn't make it until around 3, right before I had to start teaching piano. That's when everything went downhill. I got the pies in the oven, lesson taught, thought I was successful.

Brian and I make dinner for his Grandparents once per week, so I started dinner early. Just making spaghetti, so that's no big deal, right? WRONG! I overcooked the first set of noodles since I was also trying to get the pie filling whipped up. Got the sauce made, more noodles in the pot, pies in the fridge. Then, Brian's dad called to tell me NOT to make dinner for them since his brother already took some. AHHH!!! Well, since that was my only plan of getting Brian not to come home from work AND I already had the food completely ready, I decided to go anyway.

We all made it, frantic, but we made it to 5:00. Whew! That was a lot of work. Now I had to wash everything in the dirty kitchen. I started washing the dishes and my very sweet two year old brings me a diaper. An empty diaper. A diaper that wasn't supposed to be empty. I threw the dishes in the sink, looked around, and saw her rock-sized poops all over the kitchen floor. I darted for the paper towels to clean it in a hurry so Jared wouldn't think he discovered candy. It was gross....and I started crying. My mom was on the phone and asked if I was ok. Of course I was, but since I was being dramatic, this was the scenario:

Me: Sob. Sob.
Mom: Are you ok?
Me: NO! Claire just brought me her diaper and there is poop all over the floor.

Cue my mother starting to laugh hysterically while trying to console me.

Me: Yes mom, I know that I'll look back on this and laugh, but right now it's NOT OK!....Alright...I'm ok. I really am. But I'm not.

Anyway, It was gross.

Really gross.

I also found a poop in the cupcake tin I let them play with earlier. Sick. Good thing I already made cupcakes and intensely disinfected it after that.

5 comments:

kayla said...

You poor thing. Good for you for making it a success in the end. I swear sometimes kids plot against you.

Jenny Showalter said...

Oh my goodness Stacy! That is pretty hilarious! but I know I would have acted the same way as you.

Meredith said...

I would have reacted the same way as you, I'm sure! However, from an outside persective and not being the one having to deal with that... I think it's pretty hilarious! And slightly disgusting :)

Scooby and Jon said...

It was good to see you this past weekend. Sorry we couldn't chat more! I hope 2013 brings you an easier year!

Jason said...

I'm excited for the kids to get healthy again...whenever that will be. Also, if you were thinking of making me cupcakes, you don't need to. No really, please don't.