I'm happy to report that after 4 months and 3 weeks of having no chocolate, I decided to have a shake today. This shake didn't happen because of an intense and non-ignorable chocolate craving. No. It came because Claire isn't feeling herself...again. Anyway, I decided that I had enough and I dragged the kids through the ghetto drive through at Arctic Circle. Hopefully this shake would make me feel a little less annoyed that the poor girl's immune system is still not up and running.
"Mint shake with Oreo and Reeses, please. " (I know what you're all thinking. Yes, I put peanut butter with mint. It's good. Don't knock it 'til you try it.)
Heaven was served through my car window and I went on my way.
1/4 cup down into my stomache and I seriously thought my insides were going to be my outsides. What was this vile mess that I was putting down my body. It's "heaven", remember? Oh yeah! So I continue to eat.
I am now sitting at home exactly 30 minutes after the creaminess was consumed and I feel like I may have five Easters worth of indigestion.
Maybe...just maybe...after 5 months of zero chocolate I detest it.
2 comments:
Oh my word, I had the same epiphane once after I hadn't had chocolate in forever, "Do I not like chocolate as much as I thought I did? If I am not a chocoholic... who am I?" It was weird. But it's true! All those ooey gooey chocolate dripping desserts on pinterest do nothing for me - as in, not even the sight of them does mean in (where before I would have seen the picture, bought all the ingredients, made it, and then devoured the whole pan by myself). Now I want more simple dishes, like fruit with whipped cream, or I don't know... I still like icecream just fine, but chocolate icecream is sufficient instead of ten thousand things loaded into the icecream. Welcome to my world, woman.
This is a huge change for you! Now I don't know what i'll send you in the mail! :)
Post a Comment