Picture

Picture

Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Hey Baby"

To preface, I guiltily returned to my maternity pants today. No, it's not that my normal pants don't fit, cause they do. It's because they are an adorable pair of purple corduroy that I have suddenly missed.

As I was walking back from the Provo Bakery just now, I received a "HEY BABY!!" shout from a nearby truck as I was using the crosswalk. My reply? A loud burst of laughter.

Why laughter you ask?

I was not crossing the street with just myself and my maternity jeans. I had one child, chocolate smeared all over the cheeks, hands still grasping the half eaten doughnut, asleep from our morning adventure, and one foot strangely placed on the tray in front of her. Baby number 2 is strapped to my body with a blanket rapped around the bottom half of him with the rest blowing in the wind around my knees. His hair is sprinkled with the remains of my delicious glazed doughnut - a true sign of the fat kid inside of me. What else? The box of doughnuts is lying on top of the stroller in front of me for easy access and a heavenly breakfast.

All while wearing my maternity pants.

You're right, stranger. Nothing could be sexier.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'd totally yell hey baby at you!!! ow ow!!! Oh those donuts sound so so good. Miss you!

KaraLyn said...

Ha! That is totally awesome. And I swear you put up about three posts in the last three days. Last I looked it was the skinny people post forever. I stopped checking for a couple of days and you go crazy on me! Love it!

Kateka said...

Hey, you never know! Stu has a friend who was soooo attracted to mom's. Like if a girl was pretty, that was nice, but if she was a mom her hotness skyrocketed. So, my dear, you're a total MILF (dirty dirty slang, I know - delete if you must, I won't be offended).