A VACATION!!!!
This girl needs a good long week away from home. Away from my laundry room. Away from the kitchen, cooking, and dishes. We need to run far, far away from all this nonsense sickness that is plaguing Claire. I need a few hours in a wonderful Pride and Prejudice kind of romance to find my healthy soul again. I swear that the CDC would condemn our house if they were here.
We have designated Fridays at our house, "sick Fridays". We have gone into the doctor every Friday since she got home from the hospital. They are calling us by name. I'm convinced that Claire REALLY likes seeing Nemo in their fish tank, or she has attention deprivation and things she needs to catch every cold that flies by her nose. First it was the hospital, then she had a very weak week. Maybe her immune system got picked up by the star quarterback and got it's butt kicked across the field because she then had croup the next week. This Friday we went in for Pink Eye followed by a scratched ear canal on Saturday. Now? A fever with an unknown cause. I think it's a cold, but we're back to our every 3 hours of medicine regime. One thing after another.
I'll be totally honest. I lost it on Friday and sobbed. Embarrassingly enough I even cried on the phone with my visiting teacher trying to find a ride to our car so I could get Claire to the doctor.
So, here's to counting down the days until our Park City get-a-way with Brian's wonderful family. Cousins! I can't wait for Claire to play with some cousins! I'll be lounging by the pool and can even visit the hot tub this time around since there is no baby incubating. Until then....our thermometer has a new home on our table ready for use.
On a side note, I am incredibly grateful that things have played out so "well". While we were at the doctor on Friday a couple, their baby, and the nurse that was carrying the baby's oxygen walked into the office. I immediately felt so bad for this couple (and baby) that the little guy was on oxygen and obviously having a hard time. However, they lifted his carseat cover and that poor little guy had it a lot worse than we've ever had to deal with. His poor face. His mouth and chin were curved upward toward his nose, which you could hardly make out. His eyes were close together and so close to his nose and forehead that it was hard to make out which feature was which. I honestly wanted to take him home with me and hug him and love him so much and I almost started crying right then. What a sweet little boy.
I have to say that I think I'm learning how to get closer to the big man upstairs through all of this. I would hate to think that having Claire be so sick is the only way it would happen right now in my life, but I'm grateful that she's ok and that I am learning along the way.
5 comments:
oh stacy, my soul just aches for you, i wish i could come take a shift for you for a few hours so bad! i miss you and it's hard to not be there to help. i'm glad you can see a good outcome of all this, you are amazing and i love you so. keep on swimming and hopefully very soon this storm will be over!
i'm praying for you and claire every day!
xoxo
eesh, that girl needs more vitamin C! hopefully the worst is over for a while :) hang in there!!!
Yuck, Stacy!!! i'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time lately!!! Darn those sicknesses!!!! Hopefully the warmer weather this week will kick them outta the house!
Take me with you!! Isn't it amazing, that just staying somewhere other than your own house counts as a vacation, even if it's only 45 minutes away? I am right there with you. Way to have a good attitude about it all, and you're right, someone always has it worse.
I love reading your blog...but so sad to hear Claire has still had a rough little time lately!!! I hope she gets over whatever "it" is soon!!
I hear ya on the need for a vacation. Summer fun can't come fast enough!! Hope you guys enjoy your get-away with perfect health!!
Post a Comment