Picture

Picture

Monday, May 21, 2012

2 Month Check-up

It's crazy that I'm already posting about his 2 month stats. It's almost sad how fast time goes when you have more than one kid around the house. Jared still has some catching up to do! I know that Claire was bigger than him at birth, by 1 pound. At her 2 month appointment she was already 12 pounds. Couldn't have been all of those dozens of snickerdoodles I was eating, could it?

Here are his stats:
Height: 22.25 inches = 20th Percentile
Weight: 10 lbs 10 oz = 16th Percentile
Head:15.5 in  = 63rd percentile

He's just such a little guy! He has a little bit of umbilical hernia. I kind of guessed that though. My education from watching Life As We Know It has proven to be a good one since I was expecting that. Nothing to worry about, it will go away on it's own. He was a champ for his shots although they are always so sad. :( Doing well so far. Claire slept for 17 hours straight after her first shots. He's still awake....so I don't think I'll be so lucky. :)

In two months.....

  • This boy has me wrapped around the smallest part of his smallest finger. Brian always teases me because I was am very adamant about Claire NOT sleeping in our bed. Somehow, this little boy finds his way to my bed every night and snuggles right into me. Who knows how he gets there! :) Actually, Claire completely spoiled me. She slept through the night and there was no need to bring her to bed. That, and Brian forbid me to have her in the bed because I might suffocate her. Now, since he wakes up at night, I think that it's more of a mother survival skill so I can get more sleep. I do love waking up to his sweet face though. I've been trying to break this terrible habit and I'm doing better. Progress is good. 
  • He smiles. He would not smile at me at first, but has since learned who gives him food. His little smile melts my heart. It's kinda crooked sometimes when he's not in full smile, but goodness is he a little charmer. With that smile and his little combover I just can't help myself. 
  • He loves to be cuddled still. He'll do pretty well on the floor or by himself for a little bit, but when he's had enough he lets us know and he has to snuggle right away. 
  • He is sleeping better at night. We have gone from two feedings per night and we're down to one! One at 5-6 am. Not too shabby, son! 
  • He pooped on Brian for the first time yesterday. Atta-boy! Although I have little sympathy for the pooped on daddy, I'm glad that he's changing diapers. :)
  • He does not like being in his carseat if it isn't moving. As soon as you pick it up or start driving he's fine, but will scream if your stationary. 
  • His eye is still goopy. Stupid clogged tear duct. They say that it can take a year for it to go away. Sigh. I hope it's sooner. I'm sure he's sick of my picking the goopies off.

Claire still loves her little brother. Sometimes she has better mommy ears than I do and will run out to tell me "OH NO! Brother is sad." She'll be a great little mommy reporter someday. 

We love our sweet little guy! 

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

This makes me SOOOO EXCITED to have a little guy! He is so adorable! Only one picture though? I need some more!

xo

Kateka said...

umbelical hernia?! Never heard of it, but I am glad it's nothing serious. He's so cute. I, too, can't believe it's already been two months. Holy moly. He is soooo cute.

Makenna said...

I'm sure he'll be as big as his Dad someday :) Glad he's growing and doing well! I bet he's doing the best he can- I always hate those stats, I think they do the best they can! Can't wait to meet him. sigh!

Janaca said...

So sweet. It's strange to think that your little guy at 2 months is only 3 oz bigger than my Jacks was at birth. Ha!