Here are his 2 week stats:
Height: 19.2"- 5th percentile
Weight: 6 lbs. 11 oz.- 5th percentile
Head: 35 cm - 10-25th percentile
Uh....yeah, he's TINY. However, he's doing a good job at gaining weight, but I'm hoping to have rolls forming before our eyes! I love him so much as does the rest of the family.
- He's a big sweetheart and loves to snuggle. In fact, we have a hard time having him sleep in his cradle all night because he'd rather be cuddled up to mommy.
- He's still in newborn/premie outfits although the premie's are getting a tad too short.
- Boys are TRICKY to change! I get peed on several times a day and it's a miracle if I don't have to change my sheets for two days!
- Along with tricky to change, his legs are kinda little, so he pees right through the sides of the diapers. Although he wets his clothes a lot, it's better than the everyday blowouts I had to clean up with Claire.
- He's super congested so we had to get his nose suctioned out today. No fun. He also has a goopy eye that will need eye drops for a week.
- He has the most OUTY belly button I have ever seen. It's like an actual button and I laugh every time I see it.
We love having a little boy at our house! We're also so glad that Claire seems to love him a lot. Claire is getting lots of outside time with the weather warming up. Due to me feeling (unrealistically extreme sort of feelings) like a bad mother, we got her a couple of outside toys to wear her out so she's not watching so much TV. She now has a castle with a slide, those little tike puzzle wall things, and a water/sand table. I love KSL! Needless to say, I have felt much better with her playing more and she is a much happier girl.
5 comments:
haha... Oh, I laugh out loud at him peeing all over. Brings back such wonderful memories!!!! Has he peed in his own face yet??? that's always great. :) you're such a good mommy, that's awesome Claire is lovin' outside! we are too!
I don't know if I ever said congrats on having him, so if I haven't CONGRATS!!!! I love how tiny he is. Makes me kind of jealous- I have big babies! It is so crazy to think about my baby weighing 3 lbs more than Jared when he was born! haha. Anyways, I love the pictures you have posted of him. He is so, so cute! Oh and I used to laugh so hard during diaper changes. My kids have always peed on them selves. I bought a few towels that were only for diaper changes. It was better than washing sheets and bedding all the time!
Wow he is tiny!! Jalynn was 7 lbs 2 oz at birth and she was my smallest. I bet it's fun to have a little newborn around. That is too funny that he pees all over! Boys definitely are harder to change. Don't feel like a bad mom!!! It's so hard to balance time. I'm still trying to adjust to 3! Sounds like Claire is doing great.
its such a big job to keep them busy! that is where pinterest comes in btw! I've found some great stuff there, and E loves every activity we do. can't wait to meet little Jared!
Oh, I need more pictures of this little man and his cute outy button! He sounds like a dream, and you sound like you're on cloud 9. Congratulations, again!
Post a Comment