Picture

Picture

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sometimes...

Here is what I learned today.

Sometimes things in your life don't always go as you want them to. Sometimes you get pregnancy pimples...something that I've never been very fond of. Sometimes it's right in the middle of your face and ruins the whole work of "art". It just so happens that they appear the week before family pictures are taken and the next week will be non-stop praying for it to disappear.

Sometimes your house doesn't stay clean for more than a day. Sometimes your husband thinks you're crazy for trying to achieve maximum cleanliness 24/7. Sometimes the dishes don't get done on the weekend.

Sometimes your husband steps on the scale and it reads 132 pounds. Your heart sinks deep into your chocolate filled thighs and you begin to wonder if any amount of time at the gym will allow you to somehow make the scale read less than that without breaking it first. Post pregnancy of course. Sometimes you realize you have a lot of work to do.

And sometimes, during the day, you sit in a salon and have your haircut and all of those things just don't matter anymore. That's right. A haircut makes all of the things in the world better. So guess what ugly pimple on my face, I don't care about you because my hair is short and I had my head massaged with eucalyptus oil today. I don't care about the beans thrown on the floor and I definitely could care less about Brian's number on the scale. After all...I did lose 5 pounds of hair today, right? In all seriousness....I'm serious. Having my haircut is like being in heaven for an hour. Woman heaven. After 4 months of waiting for this day, it has been splendid and it has made my life a happier place to be.

4 comments:

Kateka said...

132 lbs?! I haven't weighed that since, oh probably 8th grade or something.

Melody T. said...

I love your post! Those things are life and some days life drives ya crazy for a moment.
There is something very freeing about a haircut! I don't think men will ever understand how wonderful it feels. (especially when it means you get a few precious minutes all to yourself without having to listen to see what kinds of messes your little one is making)
I am totally with you in the skinny husband department. There are days when I have seriously considered getting rid of the scale! But, husbands love us as we are, so perhaps there isn't a need for a such a rash action ;)

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

You're awesome Stacy! I can't wait to see what your hair cut looks like. :) And thanks for this post...so true and good to remember!

Jess

Lindsey said...

I need a picture of this haircut! Also, I would pay 1.3 million dollars for an eucalyptus oil head massage right now. sigh. It was SO SO SO GOOD to talk to you yesterday, i felt much better about my lack of attractiveness after :) you have a gift, my friend!
xo
Linds