Picture

Picture

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

34 Weeks

Can we get three cheers for only 6 weeks left???? Yes! I am getting kind of excited over here in our little house. Am I ready? Pah! Ready? What does that even mean? The kid's closet is an utter disaster and I don't know if it will get any better. The decorations aren't on the wall yet nor is my house as clean as it should be. If you ask me if I'm ready, then I will say YES! He has clean clothes to come home to and...oh yeah....we have to go get his cradle from G. Grandpa's house so he has somewhere to sleep. Alright alright....I'm ALMOST ready. Like I've said before, I haven't allowed myself to get too excited about him coming yet mostly because it doesn't do me any good. Getting excited just means that the next few weeks will crawl and I will most likely have Claire die of boredom if I start in on scrubbing baseboards. Lucky for her I'm doing one room at a time....very sporadically. However, I am getting anxious to meet him and see his cute little chubby face. I'm curious to see what kind of boys we make since I already know what kind of girls we make....and I think we make cute girls. Biased? I think not.

I still don't feel super huge and I don't think that I'm not sure if my exhaustion can be attributed to the baby or Brian wanting to watch Nikita every second of every night. I think it's most definitely the latter. Watch it...it's amazing! I have CRAVED sweets like crazy the entire pregnancy, but I have decided that I want to get in better shape after he's here, so I'm laying off the sweets and have started some pathetic low key exercises. How has it gone? Over the weekend I think baby boy went through a bit of shock and sugar withdrawals and got me worried because he stopped moving. I had to eat two candy bars to get my 10 kicks in an hour. The rest of the week has been fine and he's been doing much better off of sweets, thank goodness! He had me worried there. The workouts kind of make me laugh because I've gotten so weak sauce. I'm just doing arms, legs, butt, and back exercises...and I do them when Brian isn't looking because, ahem, I look ridiculous. He would probably laugh at my meager attempts to lift my 5 lb weights. I tell you...it's different doing weights and being pregnant. I should record it someday so I have something to look back on and laugh at.

Alright, so here is a picture of me carrying Claire at 34 weeks. If you ask me, I looked bigger with her. Maybe it's the angle? I wore the same shirt to really compare...

34 Weeks with baby boy. Now, I don't know about you, but do people really age THAT much in just 2 years? I feel like I look so much older than I did with Claire. Hmph. One thing is consistent though, I need a haircut in both pictures. :)

Apparently I was HILARIOUS taking the picture today because Claire would crack up every time I smiled and the flash went off. Who knew, right?


Just for fun. Here is her toddler bed. She LOVES it! she makes Brian lay on it every night and she will read books to him. She WILL have him there...not the floor nor the chair....on the bed or else she throws a fit. Other than having her wake up a couple times per night to run to our room, she has done quite well. We've all really liked it.

For my own sake, I want to remember that Claire not only loves toddler beds, puzzles, and all things stuffed or animals, she also loves to lay on any rug she can find. I make dinner, she lays on the rug. Bath time must be proceeded with a good bum rub on the rub (diaper on of course). I don't really get it. Sometimes, like right now, she thinks it's a grand ol' time carrying the rugs around the house. Whatever makes you happy. :)

5 comments:

Orlando said...

i wish i were 34 weeks!!! lucky! you look fantastic!!!! and claire is adorable, i love her big girl bed :) miss you!

Nicole said...

you look great! And I love her bed, so cute! Ksl rocks, right??

Makenna said...

I think you look even more beautiful than before! you age well my dear! We really want to get a bed for E. think we'll wait till we move into something bigger. Can't believer its here already!

Kateka said...

I think you look incredible! Good luck with the no sweets thing. Been there done that, it works wonders but is so dang hard. At this moment I am making brownies for a charity bake sale we're doing at work tomorrow and it is taking everything in me to not face plant in my hard work and go to town noshing those brownies.

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

Ha ha, I loved the part where you said Claire laughed when you took the pictures because lately, anytime I smile, Ellie says "Ya cute?!" and it makes me feel like I'm being vain or something. Maybe it's the age?

Jess