Yesterday there must have been something in the air. It was a hard/boring mommy day for more than just me. My exhaustion set in about 11 am. There was nothing to do. Nowhere I could go. Nothing was coming to my mind of how to be a fun person.
Despite all of that, at the end of the "oh so hard day" I was only to report good things that happened to Brian. It didn't sound like such a trying day and I'm grateful for that because it must have been pretty darn good besides my attitude. Hmmm...maybe I'm learning something here...
In the middle of lunch time, my dear friend Lindsey called. I've been wanting to have a good chat for a few days even if I did just have one a few days ago. It was a blessing. Right after that Rachel called for some more good girl chat. We even have the promise of a girl's night watching and laughing at Breaking Dawn. What could be better? I even got a lovely call from Bethany living in China whom I haven't talked to in months. So wonderful.
Then, Claire had her friend Kylie over to play and had a blast. Kylie always has a little bit of a hard time when mommy leaves, so what did Claire do as Kylie was looking out the window feeling a little abandoned? She ran to the kitchen, banged on the dishwasher, laughed, and then brought out a potato and "gave" it to Kylie. They both laughed and the playing began. How simple and adorable.
I hope we all can give or get a potato today. :)
Best part of my Monday


2 comments:
I love it! have a potato! Girls need to talk, its a given. how lucky for you to get it 3 girls in a row! such amazing girls too. I was wondering if Rachel had more kids? I'm sure they have. its funny how attitude is so crucial. Sometimes I know i'm not such a cheerful person to be around because of my attitude, I know I can make my situation better because I need to change myself first.
haha love Claire and her potato :) IT was lovely to talk to you my dear, as usual! I want to hear how bethany is doing next time we talk! xoxo
Post a Comment