Picture

Picture

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Babies

I bet you're thinking bab(ies) as in plural....? Well, yes, you are exactly right. We have gotten 4 new babies in our house and Claire is taking to them quite well. I think it will help her in being a big sister. :)



She LOVES to give all of her babies kisses, hugs, and rocks them from side to side. We'll have to work on her handling before the real baby comes because she likes to put it in a headlock with one arm and grab the legs with her other arm while she sways back and forth while saying, "Ohhhhhh".

Giving baby kisses
I know you all must be thinking, "What the ugly!?" and yes, you're right. These dolls are not new. Far from it. These dolls were mine when I was a little girl and I saved them for my "poor newlywed days" as I used to think of them. Well, at least I was a wise child and could foresee the true future, I guess. My one mistake back then was that I looked forward with a certain fondness of being poor that I don't really share with old self. One doll is missing one entire hand and the other hand has two fingers broken off....but the remaining ones say "I love you" at least. :)

Here's proof of "what the ugly": my rub a dub dolly. Look at that hair!


Our weekend was also wonderful! My little brother received the Melchizedek priesthood! We're all so proud of him and it was a wonderful day! I'm so grateful for good things that happen!


Claire had a BLAST once again at Grandma and Grandpa Woolsey's. My parents bought this cute little playhouse and Claire can't get enough. In and out of the door several times and then back in to cook the phone. Yes, you heard it. Cook the phone. It also has a doorbell that actually rings. It's darling.


5 comments:

Nicole said...

Her blue outfit is adorable! So cute! I'm glad she's having such a fun time with the dolls, too...... she'll be a great big sister! I can't wait for a toddler who might actually 'love' dolls, and not make them body slam into each other saying, "but mom, they're fightin'!!!"

Chippy said...

Your Claire is so stinking cute. I loved getting to meet her last weekend. Love you and miss you!!!

Makenna said...

oh my gosh, I totally had a rub-a-dub doll!!!!! what a blast from the past!!!! I love that little girls are so fond of babies! Ethan finally saw a new baby (that is, he actually looked at it in awe), but he still makes me nervous of what he might think of a sibling (no news yet) Claire is so cute! miss you guys like crazy :(

Kateka said...

Yay for your brother! That is so great. I can not get over how much you and your mom look alike. I wonder if Claire will grow up to look just like her pretty mama, just as you did.

Jason said...

Brian has good reason to worry about having another girl. There's no way that anyone can be cuter than she is!