This is how my facebooking usually goes. Morning, mid-day....whatever time of day you choose, I get on the computer, check mail, check blog, check facebook. All I do is run through the recent posts and then I'm off. Waste. Of. Time. No one ever posts me and I rarely post anyone else. The only people I really use it for is contacting my best friends while they're working. I think I can email them or leave a message....I mean, they are my best friends.
here is the REAL reason though. I have this sweet little thing in my life that I call Claire and I don't feel like I'm being a good enough mommy. This little girl deserves more. She deserves a mommy who, like my old fashioned mommy without a computer, plays with her outside, reads books to her, tickles her toes, plays in the mud, does fun projects with her, shows her the changing colors of the leaves, builds snowmen, and is fun. I think I need to enjoy her while she's little.
Now, I'm not getting rid of it...I'm just not looking at it. In fact, I'm trying not to get on the computer at all while she's awake. I'm excited. Here's to no facebook and being a good mommy! I wonder what kinds of things we'll do and what I'll come up with! :)
4 comments:
I have recently come to the same conclusion (and I think G.C. also emphasized taking advantage of the time we are given). I think this is a great decision, and something I am going to try to do as well! (As long as I don't feel the need to post some crazy deals, or crazy good talks etc. etc.)
Good for you!! I'm impressed.
I have to be honest, I have never been a fan of FB. Now in all fairness, I've never had a facebook account so maybe I don't know what I'm missing... but I doubt it. I've survived just fine without having one. I know myself and know that I would waste way too much time on it, so I decided never to make it a temptation.
I've taken many a facebook hiatus. Many, many, many. Not only is it a waste of time, but many of my "friends" are soooo dumb and post the most annooying things ever. And who wants to walk around feeling annoyed? Real life does that to me anyway, so I don't need FB adding to it.
I applaud you, dear stacy! I often think of doing this, especially when I get to have lovely babies :) You go girl!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment