Picture

Picture

Friday, October 21, 2011

Why...

I am cleaning house. Getting rid of stuff I don't need. Getting rid of facebook. I just can't have it anymore. It was great for when I was a single college person, but I'm not anymore. I used it then to make and associate with friends. Now, it's just there reminding me of all the people that don't talk to me anymore and reminding me that the world is getting farther and father away from the kind of relationships that I like. The kind of relationships that require more time together. It's just too easy. Relationships aren't supposed to be that easy.

I'll admit it too. There are times where I would much rather facebook a message to someone instead of calling them because I just don't want to talk to someone. That's ridiculous of me. I don't like it. I don't like knowing what everyone is doing all the time. Sure it can be fun to see someone's entire life on the internet, but mostly it's not. I guess I can be a little negative on this one, but it makes me feel more insignificant than I would like to feel. I'm through. All that really matters to me are my family and friends that show that they care, so I'm eliminating that negative part of me that feels so small.

I don't know if it all makes sense or not, but in the short of it, I went on a facebook fast for a week and it was great. I didn't accomplish anything grand, but I felt happier focusing on my family and not on anyone else's life. Claire has learned at least 3 new words since I started making a really big effort to play with her more (duck or "GUCK" is my favorite). I've been more relaxed. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think all of this sounds incredibly stupid that facebook makes all of these negative emotions in me, but it does. So, I'll just make "friends" the old fashioned way and hopefully see people in person more often. :)

Plus, we bloggers know that blogging is better!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Amen! And you're so good at being a friend too!! Xoxo

Meredith said...

Good for you! Welcome to the no facebook club. We should have a party. :)

Janaca said...

I got rid of facebook a long time ago, so way to go! It's fun to see what everyone else is doing, but honestly it's just such a waste of time. You could spend forever on there! I agree blogging is way better. :) Hope it makes your life less stressful and you can spend more quality time with the ones that mean the most!

kayla said...

Good for you! :) blogging is better

Kateka said...

One of these days I am going to make the cut too... not ready yet... you inspire me!