The appointment was pretty normal, with a light caution from the doctor to take it easy. Ok Doc. I'll tell Claire that you said that. When the laundry piles up, I will tell it to do itself. When my stomach tells me that it's hungry, I will simply sit on the couch and imagine the food it could be eating. Thank you.
I came home, with high hopes that Claire was still sleeping. Brian was. She wasn't. Sigh. Now I was looking forward to Claire's 1:00 nap time. This is heaven in my home. Fits in right next to Christmas cheer in my book. Nap time. Sigh.
1:00 comes and so does the beck and call to run errands for my brother-in-law that I already scheduled in. Sadly, Claire took her 1:00 nap in the car. I was hoping she would nap later since she slept for a mere 10 minutes. No, apparently she thought she needed an emotional mother that would later swell up and burst. Duty done.
Home came, but no nap time. Dreams were smashed for that instance, so I poured some hot chocolate and warmed my insides. I had just ordered my holiday line for my Stella and Dot party that was to take place this Thursday. I was so excited for it because, after all, I love a good party and they are a blast to have. I sat down with my hot heavenly chocolate and read my emails. Hostess email! YAY! As I read her following lines: I cannot have a party this month due to personal issues.....my heart sank into despair. I told Claire I needed a hug, which she interpreted as, "RUN! Your mother wants to smother you!". Indeed I started to bawl. She then took pity on me, or so I thought. She came up to me, sat on my lap and looked at me confused. I thought a hug was coming from this sweet little person whom I had taught that crying = hugs. That confused look turned into apathy and she proceeded to sit on my head.
Thank you Claire.
So, for the time being, I am trying to stay motivated and keep going with the wonderful and glorious Stella and Dot. Heaven knows that I plan my outfits around a necklace and I look forward to getting dressed each day because of it. It's like being a little girl and playing dress up. So fun! I'm wishing that Heavenly Father will just call and say, "Stacy....poor, pathetic, Stacy. Here are two parties because I love you." Sigh.
I think I'll go have Claire sit on my head.
2 comments:
haha excellent post my dear, i laughed so hard! I'm sorry it was a rough day, but don't give up! keep at it, call some old party attendants, post it on facebook that you're free for parties- you can so do this!!! Love you honey, call me whenever you need a chat please!
xoxo
Linds
HA! I am sorry I am laughing at this, but Claire sitting on your head? Sound hilarious. Hope everything turns around soon. Best wishes!
Post a Comment