Picture

Picture

Friday, August 26, 2011

Next Time Around

So, I've been going through everyone's baby blogs. It's a secret obsession I have. No, not blog-stalking. Ok....maybe a little. Actually, I LOVE reading about birth stories and seeing pictures of a new miracle in a family. I think it's wonderful and fascinating. I can't get enough of it. It's just amazing to me that one day, you're just a family of 2 and then it becomes 3....and so on. It's amazing that my once empty belly grows a baby! A BABY! Kind of like a seed turns into 20 tomatoes! I just think it's miraculous!

Anyway, this time around on my baby-blog-stalking adventure, I can't help but notice how great all these post-labor mom's look. YOU JUST HAD A BABY! Give yourself a break! Man, I looked like a beached whale that had my makeup eaten by the ocean just before I crash landed on the beach and had my skin exfoliated. I did not look that awesome. I did not have a bow in my hair. I did not wear make-up for two days. I didn't wear contacts. I had bags under my eyes. My IV made me have 5 more pounds of water in my face. I think I gave new meaning to the name HELGA. That's what I was. I was a Helga.

Next time around I want to be a Hepburn. Audrey or Katherine, take your pick. That's what I want to be. I'll try, for the sake of other baby-blog-stalkers (I know you're out there) and myself. I look back now and think, "Oh dear, I could have done SOMETHING. I could have at least changed out of that hospital gown or brushed my hair more than once." No promises on the hospital gown. It was awesome and so comfortable. Anyway, call me Audrey. :)

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

haha I love this post! I stalk birth stories too, it's an addiction really :) I thought you looked great! But I agree, I'm hoping I can somehow pull off the pretty post-labor look too. What's the secret, I wonder?

kayla said...

I want to know the secret as well!! :)

katelinklug said...

My eyes were the worst. Next time i'm bringing something to put under my eyes!

Melody T. said...

You made me laugh so hard! Your description of post labor looks was pretty close to how I felt but have never had the courage to say out loud about how I looked in the hospital. A lot of your posts make me laugh, why aren't we friends in real life? We should be. (and if you don't actually know who I am, which there is no reason why you should, I know Brian from BYU-Idaho)

Anonymous said...

Two things:
1- I LOVE reading birth stories, and even pregnancy stories. No joke, that is WHY I just clicked on YOUR blog. hahaha- to stalk you and your lovely pregnancy! :)
2- I was THE EXACT SAME WAY! When I had Charlie, Car asked me if I wanted my brush before they took pics of me with the baby, and I said no. I didn't care. But looking back, I CARE! So with Owen, I was sure to put make up on, SHOWER, and do my hair before pics were taken- besides the RIGHT AFTER pics- but since I was induced, I went in with a face full of make up. haha. So I totally get it. I was a frumpling dumpling, and I vow to never look so atrocious after giving birth again. For the sake of anyone who has to see those pics. :)

Meredith said...

Too funny. I love reading birth stories and seeing baby posts too. Now, I have not experience labor and delivery clearly, but I can't imagine I would look to lovely after. So I agree with you... When I see these pics of women who have just given birth AND looked like they just got done at a photo shoot I must confess... I think "WHAT THE HELL? Pretty sure I don't look that good on any given day!"

If I ever have a baby, heaven help the poor souls who look upon my post birth photos...

Scooby and Jon said...

I want to know how other moms look pretty right after birth. I had so many fluids pumped into me, I looked fatter after I gave birth than before (that double chin wasn't there in the morning, where did it come from?)

Nicole said...

haha!!!! That's awesome..... I wouldn't trade those hospital gowns for anything ;) SOOOO nice to not have to have 'real' clothes on!!! haha