Picture

Picture

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pregnancy Update

So, I have been HORRIBLE at writing in my journal with this pregnancy and I feel like I have to document at least some of it to be fair to my children. I don't want #2 asking me what it was like with him/her and my response to be, "Well, you know, I just don't remember. I just wrote about Claire's pregnancy. It was probably similar." I'd feel bad. :)

So, this time around I have way LESS food aversions; however, I still hate pasta when I'm pregnant. Tragedy. Seriously. I have way MORE cravings! I want a hamburger every day for lunch. A cheap one. Specifically: Arctic Circle. Most of the time I would turn up my nose at an Arctic Circle hamburger, but now? Heaven. Amazing that pregnancy induces crappy food cravings. I also dream about doughnuts. The other day, my glove box turned into a doughnut maker. It was sad to wake up from that. Pickles. Cheese. Ice cream. Grapes. Ah....grapes. They are the only thing that I crave that makes me feel wonderful. Popcorn. Sigh. Another. My mouth is watering already. :)

As far as feeling good goes, I feel great. I've had more bouts of morning sickness with this one, but I don't think you can even call it that. It's not bad at all. Just a little queasy. Then grapes come in and I'm good as new.

I went running yesterday. I'll blame it on the pregnancy, sure! It was like Fat Albert meets a treadmill for the first time. I shook Provo to it's core. It was pathetic. I did 3 miles, but I ran hardly any of it. Haha. I ran up all of the hills to get my bottom in better condition, but alas....it needs a lot of work. So, I'm going to try and be better at exercising for this kid. Poor little thing just gets grapes on the couch and that's no fun. We'll be better!

Clothes? I'm NOT getting into stretchy pants until I absolutely HAVE to. I believe that with Claire I started wearing maternity pants at 12 weeks. Honesty? I didn't need to. I was just so excited to be pregnant, that I wanted to be huge right away. This time I am waiting. I am very excited that I don't have to be pregnant in the summer next year and will be able to enjoy summer with a new baby. That also means no stretchy pants next summer! YAY! However, my mother in law just got me some CUTE new shirts and I'd by lying if I said I wasn't excited to wear them. One is yellow. That's new for me. I'm excited. :)

Anyway, love this little #2! Heartbeat is a week from tomorrow and I couldn't be more anxious. I think it gives you some peace of mind knowing that everything is working from the inside!

I wonder how Claire will handle sharing her mommy. I hope she's excited. :)

3 comments:

Leah Marie said...

Oh my goodness Stacy I am SO excited that our due dates are so close together! I love love love it!!!! I have craved grapes too! How funny. In fact, after reading your post, I'm going to go eat some:) Love you and congrats on #2 AND Happy belated Birthday yesterday!!

Lindsey said...

THIS is what i'm talking about! If I can't have belly pictures, then at least I can have lovely pregnancy posts like this- I love them! You better keep em coming and get your fair share in cause once i'm pregnant that all i'm going to talk about :)
xoxo

Rachel said...

It's funny how your perspective changes with baby #2 huh! I couldn't wait to show with Miles, with Gwen I postponed the prego clothes as long as possible! I'm sure once you're past the first trimester, you'll start feeling better again. Kudos to even try and go running while you're prego, that's awesome!