Picture

Picture

Monday, May 23, 2011

Sleepwalking?

Could it be that I, Stacy Anderson, sleepwalk? No..... Could I? Apparently it's true if there are a certain number of things that take place. A) A VERY late night and bad sleep. B) An early morning C) no napping and D) a baby to wear me out. I'll explain.

Saturday night was spent with some friends. It was a blast. We finished our game of Ticket to Ride, which I lost, by around 11:30. We're late night owls, so we were fine. However, we chatted and chatted....oh, and chatted some more. We didn't end up going to bed until 2:30. Ugh. I never stay up that late because I have a little person that wakes me up around 8 everyday. So, I couldn't sleep very well that night because I was fearing my exhaustion the next day, which was amplified by the fear that Claire would wake up extra early. Bad sleeping. I got 5 hours in. Some of you can function well on 5 hours, but I can't. I can function, but I do that poorly. Claire and I "played" during the morning hours while I let Brian sleep. By "played" I mean that she crawled around while I drifted in and out of sleep for a while on the floor. I let Brian sleep so he could watch her later while I took a nap.

Church came and went. Nap time was approaching. My body didn't want the bed, it wanted the couch. A place where napping is supposed to happen. A place where dreams come true. Brian kept telling me to go to bed, but I didn't have the energy to explain, so I just told him no and remained on the couch. He started watching Planet Earth, which we both enjoy, but there really is nothing better than a good documentary to help slip you off into dreamland. I tried. Brian kept waking me asking me to watch it with him. It's more fun that way I guess. Nap time never came.

FINALLY, bed time came. I went to bed and thought Brian was there with me. Here is what I remember. For some reason I was out of my bed asking Brian to come to bed. He was at the computer desk doing something. All I remember was that he asked me if I was sleepwalking, which I repeatedly told him no. He started laughing. I went back to bed.

Here is what Brian tells me. It was 1:30 am. He was at the computer and I came out and said:
Me: "Where's Claire".
Brian: "In her room".

This repeated a few times as I kept asking him where Claire was. I went into her room, came out and said, in a tone that sounded more annoyed than anything,
Me: "Ugh, there is no corn in there! Where's the CORN!"

He started laughing.
Brian: "What"?
Me: "Where's the corn, there's no corn in there!?"
Brian: smiling and almost laughing. Touches my arm. "Are you sleepwalking?"
Me: "No."
Brian: "Are you sure you're not sleepwalking?"
Me: I walk away irritated. "You're being mean to me!"

Then I plopped back on my bed and snoozed away. We've been laughing about it all day.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

HAHAHA WOW! You were really tired!! haha this is an awesome story, it made my day! I'm glad you shared and that you're less tired now :)

xo
Linds

Kateka said...

Aaaaah! Someone who can relate (well, Brian can relate with me being the recipient of a sleepwalk/talking spouse). This is hilarious! I am like you, however, when being addressed in my sleep, I am very defensive. And you are so right, when it comes to napping, only the couch will do! (Oh and one last thing... I love PLANET EARTH... and as much as I love it, for some crazy reason it gives me the strangest dreams).

meg said...

Ok....It is only five in the morning...but I really had to fight the urge to walk to your house and leave a bag of corn on your doorstep.