Picture

Picture

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Exhaustion

Today was a very good day! I'm going to confess to an omission though. I was supposed to go on primary visits today, even put it on my to do list. However, my primary president didn't call to tell me it was Thursday, so I just happily went on my merry way and returned the favor of not reminding her. I know. Sinful. What did I do instead? Well, it was a glorious 74 degrees outside today, so I dressed myself and sweet Claire in shorts. Wonderful shorts. We walked to pitiful Allen's to stock up on snicker doodle ingredients and even indulged in some yummy peanut butter m&m's. Claire fell asleep on the way home, so I decided to finally stop procrastinating my bread making days and I made bread around noon. My house is too cold for bread to rise quickly, so I still didn't get it done until around 7. During those bread rising hours, Claire and I took a stroll to the nearby park and were shocked that no one was there in the nice weather. We played with rattles, she tried to eat grass, and then moseyed back home to smash the bread down.

Bread smashed.

Claire got ornery, very ornery, but wouldn't take a nap. Life story. Instead, she re-discovered how much she loves Mr. Bear, as we like to call him.



I called Kayli and we went to get the yummiest treat this side of the Mississippi. Snow cones! Sweet goodness they opened today! That was an adventure in itself. Claire knocked Kayli's snowcone all over the table. I felt so bad!! We cleaned it up and I sat down to eat mine and barely bummed the darn wobbly table and knocked mine over too! Stink! The nice lady there hooked us up with another. Sweet! It was everything I wanted in a snowcone today too!

Came back home, ate dinner, made bread, watched a hilarious Parks and Recreation and then Claire and I both felt it was bedtime. Evidence?



We were trying to wait up for Brian. She fell asleep while I was trying to preoccupy her with a movie on the ipad. I didn't last much longer. Nighty night!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ahh, that is such a sweet picture, the two of you sleeping! and i love her face, she looks so happy with Mr. Bear! Is she not such a great napper nowadays?

P.S. Now i'm craving a snowcone!

Kateka said...

Yeeees. Snowcones are heaven. They are one of the best things about summer. I am totally dying over this weather, and it's murder that I have to stare at it from a window while I work.... ah. Kill me.

Lindsey said...

mmmm snowcones :) I love you Stacy, you're so funny and positive, you're making my day with all these old posts!