Now, I don't relate the numbers going up as "ugh, I'm gaining weight. Stupid." I just think of it more as a need to be more healthy. So lately, I just feel icky. I'm not even gaining weight, just icky feeling. I'm ADDICTED to sweet things. I think about them all the time and it takes a lot of energy not to give in. They taste icky even when I eat them. So, here is my goal. I want Claire to eat healthy foods, but I can't do that unless I am eating healthy foods too. I have been eating clementine's like crazy and I'm trying to eat fruits as snacks and not eat before bedtime. Let's be honest, it's what I should be doing anyway. I decided long ago that if carbs are the deciding factor between being skinny and being what I am now, I'd rather be what I am now. I love carbs and I don't think it's worth cutting just to go down in weight. I LOVE bread. I ate bell peppers and broccoli until I liked them. I used to hate them and run away when served, but I LOVE broccoli now....still getting used to the peppers though because I have to have them less crunchy. I'm going to try and force myself to eat new fruits and veggies until I like them. It's like training a 5 year old, I know.
Anyway, I'm two pounds away from weighing less than Brian. Haha. That would be the day, right? Maybe if my metabolism was like his.... Haha. Not that I really care, but I liked seeing a lower number for that second. :)
5 comments:
You have a great perspective. I hate my scale. I get obsessed, weighing myself 5 times a day. And then I totally go into cahoots if I gain weight. Yeah- no bueno. I need to be more like you in that aspect! I also will never give up carbs. I would die. I tried and failed. But I'm much happier now that I'm eating them again :) One thing that I do when I do my big grocery shopping trip is I try and fill 1/3 the cart with produce. I know that sounds like a lot but it isn't terribly hard to do. I hattttteeee wasting money and food so if I buy it I'll use it. Are you growing a garden this year? That always helps me eat more vegetables too.
Here! Here! Here's to being HEALTHY and not POUND-conscious.
Way to go Stace! Not on the weight loss, but on the attitude and efforts you're making! I have always been so impressed with you and your determination to love broccoli :) haha I'm with you on the carbs, i love carbs! but i'm doint pretty well on the no bread thing for now. it just feels better to not be feeling so icky, ya know?
Love you!
go you! I agree with you.... it's so nice to feel great! I think you're amazing :)
I feel your pain on the husband front. Riley rings in at barely 145...looks good on him. But there is not quite the buffer between our two weights that my vanity demands.
Post a Comment